Author Topic: Spriggan Mark 2 - Translation Discussion Thread  (Read 1016 times)

NightWolve

Re: Spriggan Mark 2 - Translation Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
I'd preorder 5 if it were to be an official release.

One thing to note is that they might be against releasing it for the TURBOGRAFX. Of course if it were for an old Nintendo platform it would have a 0% chance of success to try to obtain the license from the Spriggan IP holders (because it would hurt their relations with Nintendo BADLY to release an unlicensed game in their platform even if it is their 1st, 1980's one)... but what about Konami? Will they even care about it? Probably not but who knows.

Yeah, you bring up a point, technically, you also have to get a license from the console manufacturer, NEC, (as well as the Spriggan IP holder) if you wanna do things by the book. But, I think that technicality would easily be overlooked if at least the main company that actually developed the game gave you a greenlight. Personally, I'm not much of a stickler and I wouldn't care if he did it without a license from anyone, but that's me.

esteban

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »

A dream of mine is to see all of those announced import games that never made it here to be fan translated and pressed onto real CDs, complete with authentic back-in-the-day style packaging. We're making great progress thus far as a community -- that's real fan devotion!

Power Golf 2! Woohoo!

Just kidding. I don't know if I could get into that game (I never really gave it a chance, but still...)

|    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
I'm really not sure. It's something we're looking into. If I would hazard a guess, I'd say anywhere from $3k to $25K, up front. If the number is low enough, I might be able to handle that with pre-orders.

What about a kickstarter?

Supporters could also act as pre orders if successfully funded

Bardoly

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about this project.

So, Bonknuts, any update on this project?

Bonknuts

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 12:08:39 AM »
Thanks for reminding me about this project.

So, Bonknuts, any update on this project?

Things have come to a crawl at the moment. Lost my place; everything's in storage (last minute thing). I have a laptop to do some PCE dev stuff on, but SM2 stuffs aren't accessible right now (I spend the summers out of town; work). And when I get back in town (and find a place), classes start in late August, and so when things settle down - I'll be going over what Sam posted/changed. I had a close friend handling the dub, and that fell through (ass hat!). So no dub, just text translation for now.

NightWolve

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
Yeah, going by what I saw on your FB post, I say totally forget about this and other hobby projects, worry about getting a new apartment, and your new job (guess you found one), etc. Sucks how you felt you had to toss most of your childhood stuff and so forth. Maybe liberating, but to have it forced on you and in a hurry because of job/apt. loss and other events is not the greatest way to come to such a point... Hope things go better for ya!

Bonknuts

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »
Meh, just life stuff.

esteban

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:39 PM »

Meh, just life stuff.

Well, without knowing all the details, it's good to hear from you and I hope life doesn't throw too many more curveballs. 
  |    |