Author Topic: FS: PC Engine GT (full SMD recap, refurbished)  (Read 170 times)

Pyongyang

FS: PC Engine GT (full SMD recap, refurbished)
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »
Parting with my lovely PC Engine GT console. No PSU, no box etc, just the console.

The console itself is in great shape. When I first got it from Japan, someone had fitted a microscopic switch on the side of it, taking with it a few mm (literally) of the shell. So I colour-matched it with some Sugru and sanded it down to look back to how it should. The screen is excellent, no stuck pixels, marks etc. Screenshots show Gunhed running so hopefully you get an idea of the quality. Hard to convey I guess unless you see it for yourself in person!

The audio was a little weak when I got it, so I gave it a full overhaul with a full capacitor set for both the video and audio. All have been refitted with brand new surface mount capacitors and the one on the PCB behind the monitor has been replaced with a like-for-like thru hole capacitor. It's got a nice vivid image and nice clean audio. The wiring to the built-in speaker was also rewired with new cables and fresh solder.

Not really much more to say other than it works just great and with a full service it just received, should see you happy for many years to come.  :)

Asking £160 plus shipping. Please PM me for a shipping quote. I have digital postal scales here so can make a pretty accurate quote for you asap.

NOTE: I am heading to the UK on Monday so may be able to take the parcel on the plane with me and post from within the UK if it helps keep costs down.

NOTE 2: Game not included.  :D

Here's some snaps:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:37:03 PM by Pyongyang »