Author Topic: Removing white tray on IFU  (Read 165 times)

ApolloBoy

Removing white tray on IFU
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but how does the white tray on the IFU come out? I'm disassembling one in order to clean it out, and I can't seem to get the tray out. I'm assuming it's snapped on but I really don't want to put stress on it and break a latch or two.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

wolfman

Re: Removing white tray on IFU
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:30 PM »
Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but how does the white tray on the IFU come out? I'm disassembling one in order to clean it out, and I can't seem to get the tray out. I'm assuming it's snapped on but I really don't want to put stress on it and break a latch or two.

+1

I am also interested in knowing that! A photo how-to would a great thing, would like to bleach mine for quite some time now but don´t want to damage it in disassembling...
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
------------------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

turbokon

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »
It's kind of a pain, but you should  be able to popped it off.  I'll take a video next time work on an ifu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

ApolloBoy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »
I did manage to pop it off... but broke a few latches in the process. There's several latches on each side of the white tray and I couldn't bend it enough to undo the snaps.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"