Author Topic: 32" Smart TV's....any recomendations?  (Read 224 times)

ParanoiaDragon

32" Smart TV's....any recomendations?
« on: May 02, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
We want to get rid of cable finally(costing us almost $70 a month), & just do Hulu/Netflix from now on.  We just use the Wii for Hulu in the family room at the moment.  But we have a tv in the master bedroom that is just an old CRT.  Actually, it's my very first TV(a Magnetbox) that was bought for me just so I could play Turbo back in the early 90's.  It still works, & it has sentimental value, but, it takes up room, will eventually go caput, & we could use an HDTV for our camera system as well.  All in all, it just seems like the best route is to get a Smart TV.

So I'm looking at 32", would like a decent brand like Sorny or Panaphonics, probably will end up with Samsung....which is better then Vizio or, there was some really odd brand, something like Dunghouse or something, I forget, LOL.  I'd really like to keep it between $200-300, & no higher.  Anyone know of any good deals right now.  It seems like I'll end up with a Samsung that is just over the $300 mark, or more, depending on the site http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-32-class-31-1-2-diag--led-1080p-60hz-smart-hdtv/5555718.p?id=1218690756734&skuId=5555718&st=UN32EH5300&cp=1&lp=1

Samsung seems to be considered an ok brand for TV's.  The Vizio ones do seem to go cheaper, sometimes under $200, & some sites have decent customer reviews, but I always thought Vizio was el' cheapo in quality.

As far as places go, I've been checking Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Newegg, & Fry's.  I can't seem to think of any other places offhand.

roflmao

Re: 32" Smart TV's....any recomendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
Keep an eye on http://slickdeals.net/. They usually have some good TV deals and lots of comments from the peanut gallery.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »
I suggest checking out newegg and go with either sceptre or LG. Both are great brands and Newegg is very reasonable with their pricing and very easy to do returns.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  We ended up getting that Samsung over at Best Buy, but they pricematched it to Walmarts price of 309.99.  We almost went with a dumb tv & a blu ray player(w/Wifi), but we definitely wanted to have more room in our bedroom, so having a smart tv seemed like the right choice!  So, we'll be cancelling Dish Network soon, & might even ditch our home phone to save monthly bucks!

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
Thanks for the replies!  We ended up getting that Samsung over at Best Buy, but they pricematched it to Walmarts price of 309.99.  We almost went with a dumb tv & a blu ray player(w/Wifi), but we definitely wanted to have more room in our bedroom, so having a smart tv seemed like the right choice!  So, we'll be cancelling Dish Network soon, & might even ditch our home phone to save monthly bucks!

I got rid of my home phone through a traditional provider and now use Ooma, a VOIP phone service.  You pay for the hardware upfront, but after that you just pay the monthly service fees that all phones are required to have (for me, about $3).  I also bought the Ooma premium service so I could blacklist bastards who call me so whenever they ring back they just get a "disconnected" message.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Ninja16608

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:27 AM »
I have a nice Samsung 40 inch smarty and I love it, and the price wasn't too bad either.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Yeah, we looked into Roku's as well, this just seemed the best route for us to go.  There was a 32" Insignia for I think $180 that I contemplated.  Apparently Insignia's use some LG parts, but when I called my brother, he was inexperience with Insignia, since that's a Best Buy only brand.