Author Topic: Duo-R AV Cable issue...suggestions?  (Read 177 times)

awbacon

Duo-R AV Cable issue...suggestions?
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »
My Duo-R has been having some AV issues lately. Basically (and simply) if the AV cable wiggles at all, the image and audio black out or distort. Reposition it correctly, and it's fine (until it gets bumped)

I've had a Dreamcast with the same issue that's lived forever, but I want to keep my Duo-R up and running smoothly. Thoughts on problem? All I can come up with is A) bad AV cable or B) cracked solder joints inside

Once you seat the cable correctly, as long as it's not jostled, the system is perfect for as long as you keep it on

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

BlueBMW

Re: Duo-R AV Cable issue...suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
Ive seen both the cable and cracked solder joints cause this issue.  Id try reflowing the solder joints on the av port first.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »
I have some extra cables if it end up being that.  Just let me know if you need one.

ApolloBoy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »
Knowing the Duo-R I'm willing to bet it's the solder joints. The through-holes for the DIN jack are only plated on the bottom, so eventually given time and wear, the joints will crack.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

awbacon

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
Thanks guys, that's that I assumed too...bad solder joints. I was just wondering, since my DC has the same issue, and the solder joints are fine (shit aftermarket cable is the issue)

I'll have to open it up and have a look

awbacon

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 04:51:14 PM »
but if it ends up being the cable, I will for sure contact someone on here for a replacement