Author Topic: Tengai Makyou Ziria 360 to get NA release  (Read 462 times)

PC Gaijin

Tengai Makyou Ziria 360 to get NA release
« on: May 16, 2006, 07:37:56 PM »
Thought this would have been posted by now (unless I missed it). The 360 remake of Ziria is getting a North American release. Color me (very) surprised but still pleased. It's been reported on several gaming news sites, but not on Hudson Entertainment's website. I assume they're the ones publishing the game over here. They did have a link to RPGFan's preview of the game, but I couldn't find any other mention of it. Plenty of gushing over "booth babes" and juvenile "for me to poop on!" jokes though. :roll:

It really is a strange publishing choice though. Can't see the game appealing to much of the 360's demographic at all, but who cares? We'll finally get to play it in English. :)

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »
It's nice to hear this and I was expecting this to happen, so I am not completely surprised. Even though I'd much rather play the original in English, any version of a Tengai Makyou game in English and brought to America is a good thing :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:39:43 PM »
Yeah that's tight, I can see why they'd bring it over though since it's an RPG and currently the 360 is starved for them.  I bet even a pretty crappy RPG would sell decently right now since there's no competition.

soco

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:01:29 PM »
RPGs actually do quite well on the xbox, at least in the west. i'm not so surprised by the decision, as it gives them a chance to make up the lost money in the japanese market. there's a surprising number of RPGs prepared for release for the 360 already. Japan will have like 3 or 4 by the end of next month. the US will have about 6 by the end of the year, barring delays. i believe both are better than the PS2's launch in this period of time.

anyway, i'm really glad to hear this. now we just have to hope that the Dungeon Explorer game remake also makes it to the west as well. Bomberman is a no-brainer. although the saturn bomberman that hudson was thinking about for live arcade would be a lovely addition :)

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:56:13 PM »
Yeah, it was announced in the latest PCENGINEFX-TV episode.

I'm still waiting until it arrives in stores(or we at least get some english footage with subtitles or dubbing) to get excited about it really coming out here, considering the history of North American Tengai Makyou releases.

I am at least holding off on buying the import(crap shoot that it'll play on my system) now until it's discounted.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

grahf

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:57:51 PM »
I might have to pick up a 360 now.

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

Re: Tengai Makyou Ziria 360 to get NA release
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 11:09:43 AM »
Not going to happen.