Author Topic: Fan translating games.  (Read 432 times)

JesseZamora

Fan translating games.
« on: August 18, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »
With the TurboDUO not being import/copy protected at all [with regard to CD titles anyhow], would it not be possible to take the code of a Japanese game and re-translate, or at least re-interpret the game and make an English language version?  I obviously wouldn't be able to do this as I have no comp, but it's certainly an intriguing thing, since Ys IV and Drac X were never released here [among others] and English dialogue on them would not suck. ^^

Pcenginefx

Re: Fan translating games.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2001, 04:01:00 AM »
That is a great idea.  And actually, it has already been done on many Turbo games (there are many roms out there of HuCards that have been translated).  As for CD based games, i'm sure it would be a lot harder to pull off, but I'm sure it can be done.... Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Brasilpce

Re: Fan translating games.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2001, 05:38:00 AM »
Hi, there.

In fact, there are people trying to translate some PCE-CD games. Some guys are working hardly on YS IV and Tengai Makkyou: Manji Maru. It seems that YS IV is kinda hard to be translated, because the text files has a weird kind of compression. Manji Maru seems to be "easier" to be translated...if this sort of work can ever be called as an easy task!

I've read on Turbo-list, a while ago, that some guys released a patch for Super Daisenrakyu (A Microcabin strategy-game). I beleive we can expect some good news about that, in the following months.

Take care,

Brasilpce (aka Marcelo Reis)
UNIVERSO PC-ENGINE - pcengine.cjb.net