Author Topic: Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.  (Read 9157 times)

datbuta

Re: Complete PC engine Briefcase setups for sale. Plus Some DUOs :)
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:52 PM »
Just wanted to say that I picked up my modded PC Engine Duo from the post office over the weekend. I had tested a bunch of old games I had lying around the house that my brother had and everything works great!! Thanks Keith for the great work on the system! Fighting Street works great and I suck ass at this game! Ninja Gaiden and Sidearms are keeping me occupied!! Now all I need is another controller and a Duo Tap!

Preparefordescent

« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:56 AM »
I sent you a message but I do not know if it was received.

grolt

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2015, 05:22:41 AM »
Got my system shipped all the way to me from Alpha Zones and happy to report everything is working great.  KC installed a region mod and it's able to play both PC Engine and Turbo games flawlessly.  Super happy to finally be a Duo owner and it's nice having the peace of mind that the system has been cleaned, calibrated and capped to perfection.  Highly recommended.
I'm a notorious strange man.

physcopanda

« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2015, 11:41:25 PM »
Hi - I'm looking to get hold of either a briefcase setup or PC Engine Duo (ideally) with RGB and region mod. Do you have any available? I'm in the UK, please can you let me know? Thanks

Keith Courage

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
yes I do. PM sent

shipwreck

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:29 AM »
Love that briefcase setup

amstrick

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2015, 04:50:23 AM »
Hey there! Looking to buy a Duo-R with a region mod and s-video (I saw on the first couple of posts that you don't do RGB correct?)

Any chance this might be available? Thanks for your help!

mickcris

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51:37 AM »
Hey there! Looking to buy a Duo-R with a region mod and s-video (I saw on the first couple of posts that you don't do RGB correct?)

Any chance this might be available? Thanks for your help!
He does RGB now. It's listed in the 1st post. That other post you read was outdated.

amstrick

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
I see, thanks for the update.

Right now, I've just got my American Turbografx-16, so I'm really excited to expand that library.

Koop

« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2015, 12:15:13 PM »
Hey sent a PM asking about potentially picking up some sort of partial Briefcase setup. Let me know if it's possible or not please.  :)

sn0zc0r3

« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2015, 03:15:33 AM »
Question - Is the component mod worth it over s-video? I'm kind of a dumbdumb when it comes to retro shiz and video output.

Regardless, PM re: Duo-RX mods and touch ups incoming!

Punch

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2015, 05:09:15 AM »
Just wanted to say that I picked up my modded PC Engine Duo from the post office over the weekend. I had tested a bunch of old games I had lying around the house that my brother had and everything works great!! Thanks Keith for the great work on the system! Fighting Street works great and I suck ass at this game! Ninja Gaiden and Sidearms are keeping me occupied!! Now all I need is another controller and a Duo Tap!

Your avatar makes your post sound like you're having a flood of emotions after having received your pce, specially with all the exclamation marks :lol:

Keith Courage

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2015, 01:41:44 PM »
Question - Is the component mod worth it over s-video? I'm kind of a dumbdumb when it comes to retro shiz and video output.

Regardless, PM re: Duo-RX mods and touch ups incoming!

In my opinion if you are using a CRT TV then I would go with S-video. Not saying that component doesn't look better than S-video. It's just that S-video is the best bang for the buck while keeping the colors looking the same as they do through regular composite. Also, component suffers from having very faint jail bars on solid colored backgrounds. So most games it isn't noticeable

Component and RGB I generally only recommend to people wanting to play the system on newer flat screen HD TVS. RGB is best for those wanting to use HDMI since good RGB scart to HDMI converters can be found for around $40 now days.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
I don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.

wildfruit

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »
I don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.

Yea from our man Mr mcovell
http://www.chrismcovell.com/gotRGB/screenshots.html#pce