Author Topic: Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.  (Read 9170 times)

NightWolve

Re: Complete PC engine Briefcase setups for sale. Plus Some DUOs :)
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2015, 08:20:00 PM »
I don't know if there are any comparison pics, but NEC composite video is quite clean and high quality.
Yea from our man Mr mcovell
http://www.chrismcovell.com/gotRGB/screenshots.html#pce

That was interesting, never noticed it.

Koop

« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
Can you do an S-Video mod for a Briefcase setup? I had read only component or RGB was possible.

If so I'd be interested as I was able to pick up an IFU to mod.

Keith Courage

« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2015, 03:03:27 PM »
Unfortunately S-video has to be installed in the system itself not the IFU. So if you already own a system I can add s-video to that.

Koop

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
Unfortunately S-video has to be installed in the system itself not the IFU. So if you already own a system I can add s-video to that.

Can you get S-Video for CD-ROM games connected through an IFU setup? Like S-Video straight out of the PCE or the CD-ROM unit itself? Or just not possible with that type of setup?

Keith Courage

« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2015, 07:43:01 PM »
Yes video for all games will come out the system with the s-video mod. Including CD games. Audio would still need to be used from the IFU RCA jacks to have audio for both types of games.

Koop

« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2015, 10:08:38 PM »
Yes video for all games will come out the system with the s-video mod. Including CD games. Audio would still need to be used from the IFU RCA jacks to have audio for both types of games.

I see so you'd just S-Video mod the PC engine then? I would be interested in doing this in the future.

Keith Courage

« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2015, 11:36:37 PM »

I see so you'd just S-Video mod the PC engine then? I would be interested in doing this in the future.

Correct ;)

DrOrangejuicer

« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
Picked up a PCE Duo from Keith recently, arrived in beautiful shape and running smoothly. Couldn't be more pleased!

Keith Courage

« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »
Never mind, I have a few more controllers on hand now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:21:24 PM by Keith Courage »

GoldenWheels

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2015, 07:16:06 AM »
I am currently out of controllers for the PC Engine DUO systems and I am not sure when I will be receiving more. So I will be offering a $25 discount for any DUO purchased.

I still have matching white controllers for the pc engine briefcase setups and some orange core grafx ones for briefcase setups that have core grafx systems instead.

Keith, just saw this, is this going to apply to the one you're working on for me or no?

gheebee

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »
A region modded and recapped PCE Duo arrived safely and well packed today from Alpha Zones! Everything looks great and I've tested it with some CD games, TG16 games, and PCE games with no issues. The only problem I had was with my Turbo Everdrive v2.1 but I really can't say this as a negative against the system I received given what we know about these drives; just mentioning this for those who have this version. All in all I am very happy with this and haven't done much but play it since it arrived! Thanks again!

Keith Courage

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2015, 03:38:16 PM »
Glad it got to you safely. I know the region mods I install will work with version 1 everdrives without any issues.  I have yet to do any testing with any newer models. Hopefully the issues you are having have been taken care of with the newer version 2.4 everdrive.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 07:41:27 PM by Keith Courage »

stinkoman

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2015, 03:14:32 AM »
A region modded and recapped PCE Duo arrived safely and well packed today from Alpha Zones!

I had the same thing done to my PCE Duo and also received it yesterday. One thing I want to point out and compliment is how clean well done his region mod looks. His looks like it came from that factory this way.

gheebee

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
One thing I want to point out and compliment is how clean well done his region mod looks. His looks like it came from that factory this way.

It really does. I never owned a Duo before and when I got the pictures of the one he worked on for me I first found myself wondering why they made these with two power switches. :]

mj9123456

« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2015, 01:01:10 PM »
I bought a recapped PC Engine Duo from Keith Courage recently, and it was an amazing experience. His communication was great, and he answered my many questions, packed everything super carefully, and delivered an amazing product. An absolute pleasure.