Author Topic: Dont hate me guys  (Read 878 times)

Ninja16608

Re: Dont hate me guys
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2014, 11:24:14 AM »

Don't get it wrong, I love the TG but it is not the only system to have good games. As true gamers you all should be ashamed of yourself s. There are many good games across many different systems. I don't have a complete collection on any one system but what I do have are the games that I like to play. I know you all poke in good fun and I love it, but sometimes some people seem to think there is only the obey. While I think it was the best system for the era and long after that it is not the only :-) I know many of us play many different games on many different systems and that's awesome.

Play on players :-)

And I don't hate anyone, I hate everyone = that way there is no prejudice :-)

BLASPHEMY!
.  I agree with Ninja. Sometimes you guys let your Obey Fanboyism get the best of you and cloud your judgement.

I think you guys both need to get a better feel for the subtleties of comments and humor around here. We only have one SNES hater, who doesn't post that often and rarely trashes the SNES, and there may be one or two people who don't appreciate the Genesis. There are way more people here critical of the Turbo line in particular, as well as the PC Engine and its library.

You do find more objective opinions here on typically popular games for mass appeal consoles. But they're backed up by quantifiable arguments, while most of those kinds of "legendary" games tend to be accepted as "perfect" by default, by people whose minds are clouded by the majority rules mentality, while never even thinking through their adopted opinions.

But threads like this are light hearted and Ninja's view is clouded by his victom mentality.
.   Huh? Oooooo-K..... Way over thought, and inaccurate as far as I'm concerned. I realize this is lighthearted. As was my response. Although I still think its truthful.
. Maybe you should catch the subtly in our humor :)

Toymachine is right, I wasn't passing judgement on anyone, and it was humor. I love a good game period, no matter what the system is. Yes some ports are done better than others, some hardware is more powerful and not fully used to make the port better/closer to arcade or where ever its being ported from. I all honesty I have no delusions as to what makes a good game. I am currently working on a shump myself and I know for my long years as a player what I liked and didn't, everyone has different flavors of what they like. I believe a good story line, playability and replay value have to be in place to make a good game great. Graphics and bells and whistles come in somewhere there but not as important as the first. The long and short of it is I know people bust balls about playing anything other than Obey and that's cool, but for me at least and maybe many others it's the game that makes the system not the other way around. Look at Donkey Kong Country, the programing of that game made it possible on the SNES, sure you can do it very easily now with the powerhouse systems out there but to do it then was cutting edge. Not to overshadow the TG16 because it to was always on the edge and some developers really pushed the envelope. At the end of the day were all here for a reason, we have gaming in common and that's what makes this forum a cut above the rest.

synbiosfan

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
It's all about the gaming experience! Truly hating a system only limits your own gaming experience...and usually bores the hell out of everyone else.

That being said...

« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 01:20:22 PM by synbiosfan »

geise

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
In all seriousness people need to realize where they are. O:)

Ninja16608

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »
In all seriousness people need to realize where they are. O:)

No, we get it, we know were on a TG/PCE board, but it seems when other systems (and there is an area for it) get talked about it's kinda shunned, like Syn said, it's all about the experience and have had great one with many systems. Dungeon explorer, Rondo of blood, and my all time favorite Ys for the TG, Streets of rage 1 and 2 and getting my cd rom for the Sega Genesis,   Black belt, Phantasy Star and the "3D" games on my Master system, Final Fantasy, Breath of fire.... the list goes on. All were great times for me growing up and when I go bad and play them, for me it's about a little bit of recapturing my youth and reliving the fond memories. I am sure that most people here can agree with that, and that's why some are here. Hell I came here to talk about playing great games and reading about how to keep my systems up and running so I don't lose that little bit of my youth. I guess what I am saying is when I play I'm not really here in the real world anymore and for the 30 or 40 mins. I get to play all my trouble and worries seem to fade away, that is until the baby wakes up from his nap lol.

MrBroadway

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2014, 02:39:19 PM »
Why are there serious replies in here? #-o

toymachine78

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
Why are there serious replies in here? #-o
.  Cause people are serious about OBEY!

420GOAT

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
whoa whoa hold the phone. lets get it straight, the NES will be in the house. with the kids. they dont care for the Obey as much and my wife says i HAVE ONLY CHILD SYNDROME since there is only one controller. but yeah the intendo has some fun games, like turtles in time i play with my kid, and super mario 3 i play with the wife.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.