Author Topic: Just got my Duo today!  (Read 415 times)

JesseZamora

Just got my Duo today!
« on: August 21, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
Well, I got me my Turbo Duo today, and I must say that based on CF2 [which got to me a day before my system] I'm pretty damned impressed with it thus far.  The graphics are certainly clean and clear, though I imagine they only get better with some of the games I'll be getting [Gate of Thunder & Lords of Thunder look amazing from the screens I've seen thus far].  I certainly hope to amass a great collection of Turbo games and become as Turbo literate as the rest of you guys.

A question though.  What is with the solo controller port?  That is the one thing I hate about this system.

m1savage

re
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
Welcome to the world of Turbo! As for the single controller port, you need a turbo tap which allows up to 5 people to play at once. Get the tap, some extra controllers, Bomberman, and some friends and you're set!    

Pcenginefx

Re: Just got my Duo today!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2001, 09:03:00 AM »
Glad to hear you are liking CF2....you will be amazed when you see Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder though   Don't forget about Ys I&II and Ys III to get more RPG goodness....

Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

JesseZamora

Got 'em!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Man, Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder rock!  I can't believe a 16-bit system can handle sush sprite graphics, at the rate of speed they go, with no flicker at all!  They almost look like 1st-gen SATURN games, they're that good!  Man, I'm definately not regretting the decision to buy this system, it rocks entirely!  I hope all the experiences I have with the system are as good as the ones I've had up until now.

As for CF2, it's finally starting to get hard finally [Just beat Major Payne and passed the snow cave].  oooooh, I can't wait to blast Galam to hell!!