Author Topic: That movie you just watched  (Read 17217 times)

Elder

Re: That movie you just watched
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:55:23 PM »
I checked out Ricky 1 yesterday, wow about sums up that movie.  I've seen some crappy movies in my time, but I honestly thing this could be on the top three worst movies I've ever seen.  If I hear "don't be negative" one more time...ahh! :-&

Ratix

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
conan the barbarian. its the original version not the remake

tggodfrey

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »
X-Men days of futures past.  Absolutely loved it.  Very well done and great storyline.

Hunger Games Catching Fire.  I enjoyed this one too.  Really didnt think I would get into this searies but I have.  Ending I was not happy with, I hate cliffhangers.

Neighbors......This one is def one of my favorites this summer.  This movie is full of things anyoen can relate to growing up or getting even with someone.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

HailingTheThings

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
Hunger Games Catching Fire.  I enjoyed this one too.  Really didnt think I would get into this searies but I have.

Alot of people write this series off as some Twilight-ish Battle Royale rip off, but once you take the time its easy to see that it's much more.

esteban

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »

"American Friend" I have it on VHS. I'm not sure if it has different titles internationally. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would.

Isn't that the Mypotian movie adaptation of Perfect Strangers?

Ha!

I watched this just for Bruno Gans (I think that is his name). I liked him in another film or two and wanted to see him in something else. Jeez, I can't believe my memory is so poor. Need more coffee.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »
Best movie I've ever saw! The Wages of Fear.

cool didnt know about the original. only knew the '77 remake with roy scheider, which is also one of my fav movies back from my childhood. and a very good movie as well :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076740/

have to watch the original now^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
conan the barbarian. its the original version not the remake

houly shiet?! i just re-watched that too few days ago :shock:
www.pcedaisakusen.net

Tatsujin

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 01:58:18 PM »

"American Friend" I have it on VHS. I'm not sure if it has different titles internationally. I liked this a lot more than I thought I would.

Ha!

I watched this just for Bruno Gans (I think that is his name). I liked him in another film or two and wanted to see him in something else. Jeez, I can't believe my memory is so poor. Need more coffee.

his name is Bruno GanZ and he's a swissler ^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net

roflmao

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »
Alot of people write this series off as some Twilight-ish Battle Royale rip off, but once you take the time its easy to see that it's much more.

Agreed.  Hunger Games has grown on me.

I finally got around to watching "Man of Steel" Sunday night and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.  The end got pretty over the top, but most of the movie was pretty decent, imo.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »

Agreed.  Hunger Games has grown on me.

I finally got around to watching "Man of Steel" Sunday night and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.  The end got pretty over the top, but most of the movie was pretty decent, imo.

Dido on both accounts IMO

The hunger game while pathetically transparent is fun to watch and could serve as that transitional movie to determine if your kd has deductive reasoning down.  Mind you I find the troops to be telegraphed from the moon they are so painfully obvious...

Similarly the new superman movie was decent.  Mind you it is no Kneel before Zod son of Jarel! But it was a very well look at General Zod and a slightly more tyrannical and modern look at him......granted I am tainted by the superior Super animated series. 

esteban

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 01:16:41 AM »

Ha!

his name is Bruno GanZ and he's a swissler ^^

Yeah, I wish he was in more stuff. I suppose he's icky to have been in any movie at all, considering that he's a Swissler. 

Which reminds me: Tats, have you ever seen/heard the classic jingle for Switzler licorice?

"...I'd trade my sister for a new transistor, but I'd never swap my Switzler..." 

Clearly, a very old commercial (transistor radio, woo hoo!)
  |    | 

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 03:04:19 AM »
Just watched Super all the way through last night.  Much better than Kickass, albeit a bit more difficult to watch at times.

SHUT UP, CRIME!!!
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 09:40:16 AM »
Switzer vs Switzzler. Both made licorice, I think, but only one had the awesome jingle.
  |    | 

Desh

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:58 AM »
Finally rented the new RoboCop movie.  In the words of Wesley Willis it sucked a cheetah's dick with worcestershire sauce.

All of the remakes they've been doing of my favorite late 80's early 90's flicks just don't compare.  CGI is my enemy.

jtucci31

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 01:08:40 PM »

Just watched Super all the way through last night.  Much better than Kickass, albeit a bit more difficult to watch at times.

SHUT UP, CRIME!!!

Is Super the one with Rain Wilson and Ellen Page? Or am I thinking of a different movie?