Author Topic: CC65 for PCE/SGX  (Read 255 times)

Bonknuts

CC65 for PCE/SGX
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:02:43 AM »
I talked with Chilly Willy about this, a number of months back, and CC65 has some pretty nifty features (he's interested in doing C for SGX). Not that I use HuC much (if at all), but I'm ditching it in favor of CC package. I don't have much free time, but I post whatever setups/libs I can - if anyone is interested in taking this route.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: CC65 for PCE/SGX
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:12:01 AM »
Does it have PCE libraries now, or something?
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Bonknuts

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 01:33:08 AM »
It doesn't. While that doesn't bother me (I'm always writing new libs), I will share what libs I do create for it.. if that helps. I ~might~ port some of the more general lib stuffs from HuC over, but they'll probably be re-writes or something comparable-ish (rather than directly compatible). I usually write specific lib code (to what I need), rather than generalized lib stuffs. Not sure how useful that will be.

CC specifically had strengths for managing banks/pages of C functions, which setups nicely with the extra ram for the SGX (or PCE CD game projects with >8k segment of fixed 'ram'). That, and the variable size chunks of banks/data setups you can mix on the fly (16kCode/16kData, or 24kCode/8kData, etc). I wanted to write something in C-ish for PCE, so I'm gonna go with this. Chilly Willy is pretty good with creating/setting up lib packs IIRC. Of course, if I can get him to actually start SGX dev stuffs.

I'm just starting to set this up. I have no idea what kind of code generation CC spits out. Hopefully nothing worse than HuC.

trapexit

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
Did you get anywhere with cc65?