Author Topic: "Blazing Lazers" Ultimate Challenge  (Read 1246 times)

Ninja16608

Re: "Blazing Lazers" Ultimate Challenge
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
Sounds like there is no real easy way to do this except everyone come to my house and set up your systems, I'll make pancakes and waffles, Phaze can make sure no one has cheats running, Owl can bitch about 1cc ers lol and Nully can raid my underwear draw and run around the house half nekkid with nipple clamps on.

owlnonymous

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 09:29:19 AM »
I'm in.  :dance:

Phase

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 12:55:27 PM »
Yes.. this is a more complicated challenge than the regular high score thread.. the rules eliminate tricks and exploits and also makes it difficult to cheat.

The rules really aren't difficult, It's probably how most people would play if they were going for a high score anyways. (so its not really going to change the amount of fun your having)

If there was a score competition at a gaming convention for say nes tetris everyone would be on a nes console. (original hardware) you wouldn't be using a PC.

The only rule thats a little tough is using a video camera but it probably more common to have access to a cam than having some sort of capture device setup.

Ninja16608

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 08:28:23 AM »
I propose a new rule:

9- Game must be played with your toes using a Turbo Stick.

(ok, i'll stop crapping in your thread :lol:)

Your not cramping man, I love the lulz I get from you. Phase your right OEM should be the way to go and if i'm going to give up some of my obey to a winner cheats would be frowned upon. Ok enough talk and get to the gaming.

geise

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:53 AM »
As cheap as it is using tricks and secrets, if everyone is allowed to use em then there is no problem.  If you don't know what those secrets are  then find them out.  The only real way to have someone play this type of score run is with recording it.  There is no problem using an emulator if someone is still recording it.  You are viewing what they are doing so you'd know if they were cheating.  Capturing the video is way better than a camcorder.

Ninja16608

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 04:46:27 AM »
83% on pal, ok only nully gets to do this because his brain only works at PAL speeds.

wildfruit

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:41 AM »
I only have pal

Ninja16608

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 07:14:30 AM »
I only have pal

Yes but Null's PAL is a Personal Ass Licker. Yours is a European TV frequency lol

wildfruit

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 07:16:18 AM »
50hz mega power

Phase

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 04:39:59 PM »
hmm we will have to go with no pal, but you can always play the original high score thread.

@geise
I'm not sure if I read your post 100% properly so bare with me
I agree with you tricks are fine for the regular high score thread this is something different.
Its not a concern with superb video quality, rule 8 needs it to be a camera so you can show the game in the console at the end of the play-through. (why at the end? well because you will be trying multiple times and why go through the trouble unless you passed the game.) If the original game is in the console this eliminates cheating possibilities or things like stated in reply #2

I'll add a note about no pal and I modified the 1st post a bit more.

Ninja16608

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »
hmm we will have to go with no pal, but you can always play the original high score thread.

@geise
I'm not sure if I read your post 100% properly so bare with me
I agree with you tricks are fine for the regular high score thread this is something different.
Its not a concern with superb video quality, rule 8 needs it to be a camera so you can show the game in the console at the end of the play-through. (why at the end? well because you will be trying multiple times and why go through the trouble unless you passed the game.) If the original game is in the console this eliminates cheating possibilities or things like stated in reply #2

I'll add a note about no pal and I modified the 1st post a bit more.

LMFAO

wildfruit

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:44 PM »
I feel defeated

Phase

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:27 AM »
Slightly to the side of the topic back when we were talking about hitting 14mil no boss grinding in the other thread. well i think a came up with a way.. do the level 1 boss trick then use up some of the 10 extra lives on the second or third stage racking up an extra 500,000 then play as usual..too easy   :-k

Phase

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 07:26:05 AM »
Made a decent run last night, just wanted to post a shot to get things started

I have the video but its too big a file from the cam so will have to shrink it when I get time.
Will probably wait and see if I can do better since I made plenty of mistakes in the last half of the game.

Phase

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2015, 07:44:33 AM »
After losing in GOG mode multiple times, I decided to give the ultimate challenge a quick run through since I had the camcorder set up. The play through is a little on the reckless side as I was still frustrated from the prior gog run, but it turned out to be more entertaining probably as I use more weapons and techniques and take more damage than I usually do. A couple of the obvious mistakes I remember being distracted (this is from mid December)

The camcorder is junk but the good news is its in 60fps so the video is nice and smooth.. the file size is large though. None of the programs I have did a good job shrinking the file. My avatar print is just there to focus the camera since it was the only thing lying around I had large text on. The sound is low so may need to up it.

Download this and watch it on vlc is your best bet. (right click save link as)
http://www.ektophase.com/TG16/BlazingLazersUC_HScore_Phase.mov

Score came out to 13,507,790 if I would have used the boss trick and the extra bombs it would put me over 13,7
I do push rule 7 a little though, but not really for points, a few bosses I am fishing for power ups on.