Author Topic: Broken HU Cards :(  (Read 3225 times)

ishiyakazuo

Re: Broken HU Cards :(
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 02:57:50 PM »
*sigh* You're right, I was remembering the wire bonding and thinking that the wires were soldered, but that's unlikely.
Warrior needs sleep... badly.

SuperGrafx

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 03:25:30 PM »
Ok, so I just got my PCE briefcase setup going.
However, my copy of Kung Fu (China Warrior) doesn't seem to work anymore.  I know the HuCard system is good since the CD-ROM games work with the included system card.

This game worked fine in my prior PC Engine system 5 years ago.
Now I'm wondering just how durable these HuCard games are.

thesteve

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:03 PM »
the games are fairly solid
try it with the PCE off the IFU
some cards cant handle the extra load

NinSEGA

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 09:41:38 PM »
I'm bumping this thread because I have a seemingly-dead HuCard copy of YŪ YŪ JINSEI VICTORY LIFE-

I used DeoxIT metal contact cleaner on it to no avail (blank screen). Is there something else I can use to get this game to fire up, or is it completely dead? What's the deal with the hairdryer trick?

VGEsoterica

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2021, 09:38:04 PM »
Sadly my PC Genjin 2 HuCard has bitten the dust too

xelement5x

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2021, 10:42:53 AM »
I'm bumping this thread because I have a seemingly-dead HuCard copy of YŪ YŪ JINSEI VICTORY LIFE-

I used DeoxIT metal contact cleaner on it to no avail (blank screen). Is there something else I can use to get this game to fire up, or is it completely dead? What's the deal with the hairdryer trick?

So I think the thought process behind using a hair dyer is to try and possibly reflow the PCB solder points. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story