Author Topic: Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 - Translation patches?  (Read 466 times)

Trenton_net

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 - Translation patches?
« on: August 20, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
Hey Gang,

Does anyone know if there are translation patches still being actively worked on for this game? I know there was one started previously, but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

esteban

Re: Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 - Translation patches?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:38:24 AM »
I will always love the title of this game.
  |    | 

Opethian

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:03 AM »
The PC98 version is translated and there was talk (maybe) of using that script to translate the PCE version but I don't know if anyone made any headway with that.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 03:51:25 AM »
It's dead in the water, as far as I know.   Wait for shubi to come along and give you the straight poop.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 05:33:24 AM »
PC98 version is better anyways.

Trenton_net

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 08:16:27 AM »

Maybe I'm just blind to the world, but for me it's PC-Engine or bust. :-) I doubt titles like Snatcher or Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 will be translated for it, but I'll keep on dreaming anyways! (^_^);

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »

Maybe I'm just blind to the world, but for me it's PC-Engine or bust. :-) I doubt titles like Snatcher or Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 will be translated for it, but I'll keep on dreaming anyways! (^_^);

As has been discussed even the other the day on here, DotB1&2 has been fully translated into French. The translation just needs to be implemented. Shubibiman has also implied that he might be interested in translating it from French to English if a programmer is serious about making the patch.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Bonknuts

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 04:32:14 PM »
Someone should contact Dshadoff and see if we can get all the resources for this project. Make a github for it (utils included). There's always a chance someone in the rom hacking scene would pick it up. I did the font/print/read routine, but I have no desire to actually take on the whole project myself. It's a lot of work (i.e. time), and I'd rather put that into homebrew and such.

shubibiman

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:55 PM »
As Black Tiger mentionned, both parts have been fully translated to French. It's yet to be implemented though. It wouldn't take too long to translate it from French to English, whether I do it myself or I ask a friend that I now is better than me in English. I wouldn't want to write a double-dutch kind of translation :p
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Re: Dead of the Brain 1 &amp; 2 - Translation patches?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:03 PM »

As Black Tiger mentionned, both parts have been fully translated to French. It's yet to be implemented though. It wouldn't take too long to translate it from French to English, whether I do it myself or I ask a friend that I now is better than me in English. I wouldn't want to write a double-dutch kind of translation :p

DOUBLE-DUTCH TRANSLATION, please. 

|    |