Author Topic: Does this make me a bad person?  (Read 2409 times)

mitsuman

Does this make me a bad person?
« on: September 08, 2014, 10:17:32 AM »
I love Military Madness. LOVE it. The game is great. I can play the same maps over and over again, without getting bored.

But as I get back into the TG16 system, I doubt I will be buying Military Madness for it. Why not? Because I have it on the Wii TG16 VC.

I feel like I am turning my back on some of my gaming roots but why spend money when I do not need to? The game play is the same, and that is what really matters, right?

HailingTheThings

Re: Does this make me a bad person?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:15 AM »
Virtual Console, more Virtual Death God Set.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:47:22 AM »
Yes, you are a horrible person.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

toymachine78

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:18:31 PM »
I dunno... Its kinda like the ever drive debate. Its much easier and more cost effective to load up an everdrive to obey, but you don't get the satisfaction of owning the titles, taking them off the shelf to play, admiring your collection like a proud dad, fondling and creaming on them like Nullity(especially Valis 3), enjoying the gloriously bad cover art, and satisfying that childhood desire of finally owning all those games you couldn't afford as a kid :-)

mitsuman

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »
I dunno... Its kinda like the ever drive debate. Its much easier and more cost effective to load up an everdrive to obey, but you don't get the satisfaction of owning the titles, taking them off the shelf to play, admiring your collection like a proud dad, fondling and creaming on them like Nullity(especially Valis 3), enjoying the gloriously bad cover art, and satisfying that childhood desire of finally owning all those games you couldn't afford as a kid :-)
but I had them as a kid...

But yeah, I hear you. I'm kind of looking forward to having racks of TG16 games.

toymachine78

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
but I had them as a kid...

But yeah, I hear you. I'm kind of looking forward to having racks of TG16 games.
Well you must have been one of those over privileged rich kids that we all hated, but tolerated in order to have access to the games lol :P

esteban

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:57 PM »

I love Military Madness. LOVE it. The game is great. I can play the same maps over and over again, without getting bored.

But as I get back into the TG16 system, I doubt I will be buying Military Madness for it. Why not? Because I have it on the Wii TG16 VC.

I feel like I am turning my back on some of my gaming roots but why spend money when I do not need to? The game play is the same, and that is what really matters, right?

Go get other games you rarely or never played. You can always pick up MM/Nectaris in the future, if you want to.

PLAY NEO NECTARIS, if possible. The original ROM from the Nectaris HuCARD is included on Neo Nectaris.... You can't lose!

|    | 

mitsuman

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
Indeed I was.  :lol:
Tg16 and then with CD attachment later, tons of games, and a turbotap with 5 controllers. I also had almost all of the GI Joe figures available at the time, and pretty much every vehicle/play set that was made for GI joe.
BUT, I appreciated what I had and played with it all constantly.

ctophil

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »

I bought Ys Book I & II on Virtual Console over a year ago.  But now that I have the Turbografx-CD,  I'll be getting it on there as well.  The way I see it is physical, tangible goods are always superior to digital.  You can display them, show them to friends and family, and just admire the artwork on the CD/Hucard/Cartridge and box/manual.  It's kinda like the library or traditional bookstore compared to your digital tablet containing the same kind of books.  There is a feeling of grandness when you are standing in mountains of books rather than some device in your hand.  Then there is a feeling of antiquity when holding an ancient book that you knew has been around for hundreds of years.  Digital?  Either it's there or not.  If Digital ages, it will become a corrupt file, that's about it.

Another example would be a painting.  I would rather hang one on the wall than some picture in my cell phone.  That's why Digital things will never be worth as much as a physical object when it becomes a classic. 

mitsuman

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
I have Ys on the Wii VC as well and plan on buying it after I have a Duo-R. I am going to try and find one with the map as well. I loved that game, and think I owe it a bit of respect at least, if that makes sense.

Ayce

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:51 AM »
I'm going to try playing Military Madness more... I was fine on the first couple stages, but cant seem to get the rules down straight. I'm used to playing Advance Wars and I keep wanting to play it the exact same way, but then I get slaughtered.

mitsuman

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »
I'm going to try playing Military Madness more... I was fine on the first couple stages, but cant seem to get the rules down straight. I'm used to playing Advance Wars and I keep wanting to play it the exact same way, but then I get slaughtered.
Once you figure out a strategy, you can kind of roll it over to each new map. For a long time I always planned on winning by just destroying all of the opponents pieces. But then lately, I have been trying to win by taking over their HQ. A little more challenging.

esteban

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 03:38:49 AM »

I'm assuming Hunters might be involved. 99% of the time, your #1 priority is to develop a strategy to neutralize them.
  |    | 

mitsuman

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 05:02:11 AM »

I'm assuming Hunters might be involved. 99% of the time, your #1 priority is to develop a strategy to neutralize them.
That is usually first on my list. Destroy all flying weapons. Then long range stuff.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 11:59:41 AM »

You are a terrible person...

But no seriously, it doesn't matter unless you absolutely MUST own the game. The only VC port that I can think of that is noticeably inferior to the original card is Devil's Crush. The controls aren't quite as crisp or responsive, and the pentagrams were replaced with triangles, or some stupid shit that I can't recall off of the top of my head
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"