Author Topic: Ambitious Question - How to develope Turbo CD games?  (Read 554 times)

elguapo_85

Ambitious Question - How to develope Turbo CD games?
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:15:46 AM »
This is probably very ambitious, but I was wondering if someone could entertain my questions? First of all, I have little experience programming, the most being a basic understanding of Python and using RPG Maker on Psx, but I have some cool ideas I would like to try. I was wondering what programs you use for developing CD games for the Turbo Duo, and what programming language? Also, any tips for starting out would be great, and anything else that you think is important. Thank you for the help guys.

esteban

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 10:25:43 AM »
My friend, you should check out the "Development" threads here and at www.magicengine.com

BUT, perhaps your best first stop is to go to

www.frozenutopia.com

and check out their forums. I am pretty certain that there are some useful things there for folks like yourself.

UPDATE: I just tried going to the Frozen Utopia forums and nothing happened, anyone know if this is a slight hiccup or permanent?
  |    | 

FM-77

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:46:11 AM »
Been down for a couple of days. Dunno when it'll be back up (the server can be a bit unreliable as this has happened several times before).

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 04:28:20 PM »
Server has been down for me for awhile as well. Nodtveidt has been writing a great beginner's guide for programming on TG16 hardware, it should be on the message boards somewhere when they are back up. Also for great direct assistance, go to #utopiasoft on EFNet on IRC, it's a channel of dedicated Turbo programmers that have done fascinating things with the hardware and should be able to help you.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nodtveidt

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 06:14:21 PM »
Server's been flaky lately, so I'm moving Frozen Utopia and all the other accounts we host at DBS to a new dedicated in a different datacenter. However, the forum went down due to a problem with the SMF version update script. When the move is made, I'll fix the problem but unfortunately right now I've got to take care of moving about 400 other user accounts as well. :(

Keranu's advice is right on though...#utopiasoft has quite a few people who will get you started on the right track.

elguapo_85

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:18:28 AM »
Ok, thank you for all your help guys. I will definately check out #utopiasoft when I have the oportunity. And good luck with moving the webpage.