Author Topic: ZX Spectrum Vega microconsole  (Read 308 times)

ParanoiaDragon

ZX Spectrum Vega microconsole
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:39:41 PM »
Just hear about this, might be cool.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/classic-80s-console-zx-spectrum-reborn/1100-6423922/

I'm mainly interested since I never grew up with the ZX Spectrum.  I've never actually looked into emulation of it, but, if this console does well, I'll pick one up.  I want to first wait to see how the first run does, incase their end up being defective units.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: ZX Spectrum Vega microconsole
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:29:30 AM »
Less than two days in and they've already surpassed the fundraising goal.  Sheesh, such love for a goofy computer.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:47 AM »
Ha! I am curious about this, too.
  |    | 

cjameslv

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »
Less than two days in and they've already surpassed the fundraising goal.  Sheesh, such love for a goofy computer.

This is cause everyone is tired of 1st person shooters. We need diversification and the nostalgia of old games and systems is a big draw.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
This is cause everyone is tired of 1st person shooters. We need diversification and the nostalgia of old games and systems is a big draw.

I get that, but why did they pick the goofiest computer instead of amiga, x68k, etc.?  Did they intentionally opt for the one with the most primitive looking games because it'd be a bigger seller to people that only care that the games look radically different?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

cjameslv

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:10 AM »

I get that, but why did they pick the goofiest computer instead of amiga, x68k, etc.?  Did they intentionally opt for the one with the most primitive looking games because it'd be a bigger seller to people that only care that the games look radically different?

Email them  8)

esteban

ZX Spectrum Vega microconsole
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »

The Zed Ex Speccy deserves some love.

Stop trashin' the poor little "computer" (ha!).

I'm not asking you to love the Speccy.

Love me.

We, of all people, should be able to appreciate quirky platforms.

As penance, go listen (again!) to L'Speccy tunes (I don't care if your ears bleed):

http://tg-16.com/wibble_classic_chiptunes_podcast.htm#14

Granted, this is more palatable than playing the games; then again, I don't want to torture you.

:)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:05:57 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 12:45:35 PM »
I'd love to see them do this with the Amiga, there's a lot of games I'd love to play on it, but last time I was emulating it, I recall the loading being slow, combined with the switching of discs, but, maybe that's been enhanced since then.  X68000, another one I'd love, but then again, I'd love to have a lot of different microconsoles based on a plethora of old machines! :P

lukester

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
The only good Spectrum game I know of it Jetpac by Rareware. :)
Any other good ones?

I'd rather see something like this for the MSX. I also do not understand why the console is basically a large, bulky controller.