Author Topic: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity  (Read 7923 times)

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 10:42:03 PM »
i hate seeing this dude in my YT recommended videos
I can relate to that.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

toymachine78

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 11:47:44 PM »

I don't understand why they even made this video. Is he that delusional that he thinks people want to see his goofy doofus face. No one wants to see a long haired pudgy chinless version of Kay from Sword in the Stone. Yet 30k+ people have watched this shit smear's video. What the hell?!

When I started paying attention to YT, I was disappointed to find that gaming on YouTube is a wasteland. The grown "men" who pretend to be legitimately terrified by screen savers like Five Nights
at Freddie's are of course the worst. The rest seem to be like the guy in the video.
"Hey everybody. Look at all the shit I have! I just bought another box of shit off Ebay! Check out all the shit I bought! I better move a little to the left, so I don't block your view of my big wall of shit. Tune in next week when I unbox the rare Cambodian bootleg of the ZX Spectrum classic Granny Farts a Biscuit. It's like my favorite game EVARRRRRRR!" 

And it is at that point you realize why the video was made, and why the hidden gems chosen were anything but. He needed an excuse to make a video about more of his shit.

Yeah I concur. He's up there with that Brittany Brombacher chick. Her Brits Shit videos are the epitome of what you describe..... OMG ! So I was like driving down the road and this like 90  year old woman was having this dinky yardsale. You know the kind where half the shit is old dresses that look like drapes?... Anyhoo I felt compelled to stop.... Look what I found under some doilies! A box of games! This lot has FF7 and Earthbound, and I got the whole lot for 50ยข! Even though I already have 6 copies of FF7, now I have 7 copies! Like how cool is that!? I can't wait to tell my buddy Joe Reddifer... He just loves this game.....

Ugh.... Shut up!!!!!!!!

I have a better idea for a video series.... How about: "Brits Tits".... So much potential.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:49:56 PM by toymachine78 »

Ayce

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 01:39:32 AM »
a bitched and complain about this episode with him, tho

Ys Book 1 was for the Sega Master System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ys_I:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished
Yeah, I hated it on the SMS. I much preferred to play this game on my old VGA PC.
Playing a bit of devils advocate, he was never an original Turbo guy, so for him, these are "GEMS"

esteban

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 02:05:13 AM »
I don't know why I am posting this here. I guess I did not want to start a thread.

METAL JESUS @clueless videos

A few days ago I was thinking how ironic it was that I enjoy looking at old magazines NOW...when, back when they were new, I thought the writing/opinions/analysis/etc. was mediocre, at best.

If I was critical of content as a kid, you can imagine my views of the old written content now.

Then I thought how the world really hasn't improved as much as I thought it had, post-Internet.

A few people who write about _____ know what they are writing about.

A few folks who talk about _____ know what they are talking about.

That's it.

It has always been this way.

It shall always be this way.

The only good thing is that occasionally, if you are lucky, you'll find someone who knows what he/she is talking about (but this was true Pre-Internet as well!).

Pre-Internet, it was hard to find competent folks. You had to physically find them. But if you did...

BOTTOM LINE: We are better off now. There is MORE OF EVERYTHING...more quality and more crap.

You see, I thought the CRAP:QUALITY ratio would change.

But the crap:quality ratio is still pretty bad today... We just have more of everything (which is, indeed, an improvement...but it means you have to sift through a lot more crap).

WHAT I AM SAYING IS NOT NEW...it has been said whenever technology lowers the obstacles to create and/or distribute stuff. See: Gutenberg and printing press.

I remember arguing about this issue in the 80's/90's  when it came to music (indie music/fanzine scenes were blossoming... People talked about the crap:quality ratio versus the sheer quantity of content available).

Oh, and who was having this discussion? Well, my friends and I read about the debate in our favorite fanzine. Then we started talking about it. Some things don't change.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:22:41 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

slinkyturd

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 04:48:07 AM »
I don't know why I am posting this here. I guess I did not want to start a thread.

METAL JESUS @clueless videos

A few days ago I was thinking how ironic it was that I enjoy looking at old magazines NOW...when, back when they were new, I thought the writing/opinions/analysis/etc. was mediocre, at best.

If I was critical of content as a kid, you can imagine my views of the old written content now.

Then I thought how the world really hasn't improved as much as I thought it had, post-Internet.

A few people who write about _____ know what they are writing about.

A few folks who talk about _____ know what they are talking about.

That's it.

It has always been this way.

It shall always be this way.

The only good thing is that occasionally, if you are lucky, you'll find someone who knows what he/she is talking about (but this was true Pre-Internet as well!).

Pre-Internet, it was hard to find competent folks. You had to physically find them. But if you did...

BOTTOM LINE: We are better off now. There is MORE OF EVERYTHING...more quality and more crap.

You see, I thought the CRAP:QUALITY ratio would change.

But the crap:quality ratio is still pretty bad today... We just have more of everything (which is, indeed, an improvement...but it means you have to sift through a lot more crap).

WHAT I AM SAYING IS NOT NEW...it has been said whenever technology lowers the obstacles to create and/or distribute stuff. See: Gutenberg and printing press.

I remember arguing about this issue in the 80's/90's  when it came to music (indie music/fanzine scenes were blossoming... People talked about the crap:quality ratio versus the sheer quantity of content available).

Oh, and who was having this discussion? Well, my friends and I read about the debate in our favorite fanzine. Then we started talking about it. Some things don't change.

Incorrect, sir. We have Metal Jesus now and he is becoming that turd that just circles the bowl and never disappears down his hole despite how many times you flush. He's always there daring you to reach in with your hand and do "it" the hard way, but we refrain. We justify futile flushes with thoughts of "Everyone will come to their senses and see him for what he is: an attention whore golf ball size turd tempting you to do the unthinkable." This will not do! I protest this rationalizing of his existence, sir. You need to repent immediately. Bow before your Duo and say 10 Hail Hudsonsofts and 10 Our NECs.
70/95 US Turbochips

esteban

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 05:34:32 AM »
I totally agree with you. Metal Jesus is, figuratively and literally, crappagio.

Please forgive me.

And may God forgive Metal Jesus.
  |    | 

slinkyturd

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »
I totally agree with you. Metal Jesus is, figuratively and literally, crappagio.

Please forgive me.

And may God forgive Metal Jesus.

Ah-men.
70/95 US Turbochips

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 06:27:04 AM »
I personally dont mind his other hidden gems videos for other systems since he seems to know what hes talking about and actually shows off games ive never heard of or that I never knew was available for the systems hes talking about. when it comes to the turbo hidden gems video, none of the games hes talking about are hidden gems at all.

im afraid his video will probably drive up prices on turbo games :(

Medic_wheat

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 08:01:30 AM »
Points and laughs "haw haw you still had faith in humanity"!

TR0N

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
Still for that video that's his friend TG16,showing what he think is are hidden gems.In the comment section even i said those games are not hidden gems.

Then I stand corrected as for his motivation for making this particular video.
Yup he should have bought the console first and explore it's library of games,before making a video.For that matter at least ask spida1a what are the good ones.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
Still for that video that's his friend TG16,showing what he think is are hidden gems.In the comment section even i said those games are not hidden gems.

Then I stand corrected as for his motivation for making this particular video.
Yup he should have bought the console first and explore it's library of games,before making a video.For that matter at least ask spida1a what are the good ones.

exactly!!

Flare65

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2014, 05:30:05 PM »

Incorrect, sir. We have Metal Jesus now and he is becoming that turd that just circles the bowl and never disappears down his hole despite how many times you flush. He's always there daring you to reach in with your hand and do "it" the hard way, but we refrain.

LOL!!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 04:07:26 AM »
Ys Book 1 was for the Sega Master System

The SMS got a port, true, but it didn't start there.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 05:24:15 AM »
the first Wanderers of Y'''s was on SNES.  At least, that's the first I played.

johnnykonami

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 08:59:40 AM »
i hate seeing this dude in my YT recommended videos

I hate pretty much any recommendation Youtube throws at me, and since there's no way to control any of it (remove things you don't like, feature things you specifically promote) I just ignore that whole trash heap of a home page.  There's a couple other gaming personalities that I never wanna see, among them Gamester81, and mainstream stuff like pewdiepie and other lets play garbage.  I just wish there was a "stop showing me content from this channel" option.  Then I might actually see the stuff I do like without it getting buried.