Author Topic: Can I enjoy a Digital Comic/Dating Sim without Japanese?  (Read 253 times)

bgarske

Can I enjoy a Digital Comic/Dating Sim without Japanese?
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a PC-FX because I like the rarity of it and I think it's just cool! However, I don't know any Japanese and it looks like the list of titles for the PC-FX that don't require Japanese is limited. (As well as expensive.)

Obivously the majority of the games are digital comics/dating sims. Can I play one of these and get through it, and better yet, enjoy it? I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

FM-77

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 12:42:03 AM »
If you enjoy looking at pictures that you have no idea what they're about, then yes. Otherwise -- not really. That's pretty much what it is all about: pictures and Japanese. Complex Japanese.

bgarske

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 12:47:43 AM »
But I can get all the way through them?

Nutribrain

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:14:39 AM »
I doubt that you can and want to get all the way through it. I tried to play Pia Carrot with the help of a faq found at gamefaqs.com. I think it's impossible to play whole way through it, not knowing any Japanese. Often you have to be at a certain place at a certain time, and give the right answer. I was pretty bored after 30 minutes...

bgarske

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:27:55 AM »
Thanks for the input. That's what I thought. Someday I might pickup an FX if I can get a good deal on one.

Whoom

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »
Otherwise there are games like Tengai makyo, Battle heat and Chip chap kick that dosn't requier (hard word ^^) any japanese knowledge to play.