Author Topic: Import Questions...  (Read 339 times)

typostudios

Import Questions...
« on: September 23, 2001, 07:53:00 PM »
I have recently acquired a TG-16 unit (all original equipment, plus Bonk 1 and WCB) for quite the price ($10 Canadian).  I'm on the verge of getting a TG-16 CD Unit right now (although it won't be as cheap as the original system...).

My question(s) is/are:

1.)  I've played Knight Rider SE Jap. HuCard before at a videogame shop years ago, and I loved it to death.  Now the shop is closed, leaving me with nothing...  If I were to import a few HuCard from Japan, what convertor do you recommend to play these Hu-Cards?

2.)  Since 1995, I've been looking for the Sega CD version of "Snatcher" for a long time, and still to this date, no luck.  EBay is far away from me(meaning I don't have a credit card, and my father won't hand his over)...  In fact, some people told me getting the PC Engine version would probably be easier to get, since Konami never release many copies of the English Sega CD version (sh!t).  If I were to grab a PC Engine version (or any game for that matter), would the TG-16 be able to play the games without modifying the system?

Thanks. "What a loser....
OH! It's TypoStudios! Wow.
What a loser...."This coming from a person who uses a stupid cat person as an avatar.

NFERNO68

Re: Import Questions...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
For playing import Hu-Cards, you need a Kisado adaptor, which is not cheap, and can be hard to find sometimes. As far as cd's go, you can play any Japanese cd on your cd unit with no modifications. I'm not sure if your interested, but I have the Sega-CD version of Snatcher if you'd like a copy of it.

quick@eaze.net

JesseZamora

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2001, 06:52:00 AM »
You don't need a credit card to buy things on Ebay unless you're using Billpoint to pay, trying to use a free email address, or wanting to access adult material.  You dont have to give your credit card at all, since the only thing Ebay itself charges for is SELLING items.  So I say go on and try Ebay, or Yahoo! Auctions if you want [though beware of CDRs on Yahoo!].

NotBlaine

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2001, 05:32:00 AM »
You could also set-up a checking account at a local bank. Find something where you have no minimum balance (They have 'em, trust me). Put the cash you intend to spend in there.

Then, get a PayPal account and transfer the money using PayPal...no Credit Card needed.

No problems.

trunks218

Comment
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2002, 11:33:00 PM »
Beware a import version of Snatcher has heavy Japanese text it's almost impossible to play if you can't read Japanese text.  What you are probly doing is trying to sign up with Ebay and giveing them a hotmail or yahoo email address.  Ebay will make you give them a creit card number to help keep scaming down.  They had problems with people opening accounts on hotmail post autions and keeping people money.  As soon as they would get 3 or 4 negtive feedbacks they would just open up another acount under a different account and email address.  Give them your email address that your ISP give you and it sould work fine.