Author Topic: That Tobias f--k went after Xak III and SO II as pressed CD-ROM releases!  (Read 23809 times)

SamIAm

Re: That Tobias f--k went after Xak III and SO II as pressed CD-ROM releases!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »
Wait a minute...Didn't the Startling Odyssey 2 translation literally use babelfish or some other automated system?

And Xak III's translation is wrong in places, too, and it doesn't have the spoken parts translated.

NightWolve, man, I'll translate the spoken parts in Xak III. We could spruce up Paul England's script a bit and do a re-release.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 12:52:46 PM by SamIAm »

SkyeWelse

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »
And Xak III's translation is wrong in places, too, and it doesn't have the spoken parts translated.

NightWolve, man, I'll translate the spoken parts in Xak III. We could spruce up Paul England's script a bit and do a re-release.

Hey if you guys do that, sign me up for LE autographed copy pre-order for sure. I'm pretty sure my friend from the MSX community and the original translator of Xak I for MSX would want a copy too.

I can probably help with beta testing it on real hardware as well since you might say I'm a pretty big Xak fan.

-Thomas

Desh

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
Only way to avoid this, is to just do it ourselves. Just a matter of time before Ys IV and Dracula X get this done. Don't think for one moment its not on the back burner.  I know the argument, I know it well.  But lets face it, it WILL get done.  Question is whether it will be done for profit, or done by us at cost.At least if we do it, some funds can go back to the folks that worked on it.  Thats just my opinion. 

The only way to avoid this is to stop giving the cunt more money. Any of you that bought that Rockman, Space Fantasy Zone, or PCE Memories shit basically made it possible for him to continue this nonsense and f*ck more people over, so that is on you, whether you like it or not. The guy was already busted for being a lying scamming fraud over the Sapphire incident. People here still chose to do business with him anyway knowing the additional harm he would eventually cause to the scene, or feigning ignorance of it. Some of you still are doing business with him now as I post this. This isn't his IP to sell, nor are you entitled to it just because you think you have to have it in some pressed form.

I like some of you guys a lot, but lets be honest here, some of you bought shit from him knowing it wasn't right. I don't need to name names, you know who you f*cking are. You got what you wanted because it suited your "oooh pressed disc box sets, gimmie gimmie me me me I have to have this game on my collection shelf too" mentality. f*ck all to everyone else it may have affected or will eventually affect.

The only recourse now is to heavily put the word out, including contacting people who have been promoting his warez, like the Happy Console Gamer guy on youtube, and inform them of the situation to try to get them to stop promoting his shit. That and turn him over to the IP owners so they can take legal action if they want to do so.

Outside of that, nothing else can be done. In all honesty, half the time this place creates its own problems and 9 years later the shit has gotten old and I'm glad i dont care to f*ck with any of it anymore. Seeing a thread like this doesn't surprise me in the least. It was obviously going to happen the moment a bunch of you kliked that order button for the Memories box sets and spread the word around that he was selling them.

THIS!  I can't believe there wasn't a big shit storm when the threads were made announcing these boxed sets.  There were quite a few peeps on here excited to purchase them and even give ideas on what games should have been included.  However, I would also be lying to myself if I said I never played a "boot leg".  I've made many translated titles for NES and some of the Uber expensive titles for TGCD.  I made these for my own personal use though, until that day comes that a I can afford $500 or whatever the hell Dynastic Hero sells for these days.

SamIAm

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

Hey if you guys do that, sign me up for LE autographed copy pre-order for sure. I'm pretty sure my friend from the MSX community and the original translator of Xak I for MSX would want a copy too.

I can probably help with beta testing it on real hardware as well since you might say I'm a pretty big Xak fan.

-Thomas

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your offer to help, but personally, I don't want any of my translations to be pressed at all. If the hackers want it, I might be flexible, but if it were up to me, I wouldn't allow it, period.

You know, I do want people to enjoy the games in every way possible. That's why I've also translated manuals, and even some promotional materials. But when money and questionable ethics enter the picture, things stop being fun for me. My own ideal for the community is people playing sharpied CD-Rs and appreciating them for what they are, as well as what they aren't.

synbiosfan

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 02:00:58 PM »
He doesn't even know wtf that is. I'm fairly positive he is referring to the worthless f*cking Neo forums. You know, the one that's basking in the $30,000 Aero Fighters 3 scam and whatever other garbage they have going on on any given Thursday.

LOL :-({|=

You forgot to mention Waseem Daker in your whining about the place :lol:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »
My beef is mainly with Tobias making a profit off anybody.  Whether it be Godzilla or Xak 3.  If he sold these for a few doll hairs, that'd be different.  But he's selling these for what, something like $70 IIRC?  He's making dough on these things, & that sucks.  If he made an original game of his own, more power to him, but he didn't.

SkyeWelse

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »

-Thomas

I appreciate your enthusiasm and your offer to help, but personally, I don't want any of my translations to be pressed at all. If the hackers want it, I might be flexible, but if it were up to me, I wouldn't allow it, period.

You know, I do want people to enjoy the games in every way possible. That's why I've also translated manuals, and even some promotional materials. But when money and questionable ethics enter the picture, things stop being fun for me. My own ideal for the community is people playing sharpied CD-Rs and appreciating them for what they are, as well as what they aren't.

I definitely understand your position on this. I guess I just think there could be some alternatives so that you can have both the sharpie marker written title on a freshly baked cd-r experience, yet also a collectible experience for those that really want them that is fully supported by the community and translation/hacking team, even if it's only sold to cover the costs of production and a few bucks for a sandwich and a coke. I guess my vision is to have it both ways and an effective model that could easily counteract the moves of a non-ethical reproduction house. 

In any case, my offer to help as a beta tester stands regardless of what happens release-wise. I've already played it through once through an emulator, and I'd love to play a version 2.0 final on real hardware.

Also, I wrote to PCE Works asking them to discontinue their projects that they have not received permission to distribute and explained to them that if they really did love PCE and wanted to become a legitimate distribution house, they should consider turning a new leaf and actually working with the original translation teams. I pretty much explained to them that the ball is in their court, but if they did not stop distributing Xak III, I would be making an announcement at my Xak website as well as at other forum communities that I frequent regarding what they are doing and to not support them.

-Thomas
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:40:15 PM by SkyeWelse »

geise

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
To be clear, I was not contacted in any way, shape or form about Xak III... SO II is Tru's project mainly by agreement, though I helped him start it ages ago, and is outside of my concern. Xak III is my issue and the fact that this f*ck is likely getting ready to press Ys IV down the road, and so my hopes of eventually doing it myself someday, the right way (partly), by contacting members that can be, taking votes, working out deals, redubbing any voice actor who refused inclusion (e.g. like BurntLasagna's brother for a soldier character I'd definitely have to redub), etc. that's all dashed as I don't think I could ever catch up to this guy's expertise in doing this and I'm far too busy to even try this year! He definitely thinks he should get to do it and pocket 100% of the earnings!

As many know, I'm not a fan credo fanatic and against the concept in principle, but sneaking around and doing it in secret when you COULD contact the people's fan translation work you are using, is where there's an issue for me! Avoiding the company which would want $5k-$10k-$15k in licensing fees is understandable and would mean no bootlegs/repros would ever happen, so escaping that, I understand.

The other thing, this MOTHER f*ckER never donated a single penny, a single f*ckING penny ever, the f*ckING prick that he is! If you're in this forum, Tobias, f*ck you a$$hole! f*ck you, you piece of f*ckING scum!!

What a piece of f*cking shit. 

I also have to add I agree 100% with what the Prof said.  I was surprised to read certain forum members that were even considering purchasing any of this shit. 

Oh and Quoth09 welcome back.  We missed you!  It seems like forever!  Thanks for thinking that the forum as a whole is based off your ideas of a few people posting their thoughts.  Again welcome back. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 03:15:58 PM by geise »

Punch

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 03:17:59 PM »
I'm so glad I haven't bought anything from him. What a low blow. I guess that's a lesson everyone on PCEFX learned, while people here were arguing if we should fund bootleg pressings or not, Tobias just went and did it without asking for authorization to anyone...
Now that his latest scheme has hit closer to home no one can ignore the damage this causes for our community. Myself included.

EDIT: Prof you're a respected old member and with good reason. Could not agree more with everything you said.

roflmao

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 04:53:27 PM »
The only way to avoid this is to stop giving the cunt more money. Any of you that bought that Rockman, Space Fantasy Zone, or PCE Memories shit basically made it possible for him to continue this nonsense and f*ck more people over, so that is on you, whether you like it or not. The guy was already busted for being a lying scamming fraud over the Sapphire incident. People here still chose to do business with him anyway knowing the additional harm he would eventually cause to the scene, or feigning ignorance of it. Some of you still are doing business with him now as I post this. This isn't his IP to sell, nor are you entitled to it just because you think you have to have it in some pressed form.

I like some of you guys a lot, but lets be honest here, some of you bought shit from him knowing it wasn't right. I don't need to name names, you know who you f*cking are. You got what you wanted because it suited your "oooh pressed disc box sets, gimmie gimmie me me me I have to have this game on my collection shelf too" mentality. f*ck all to everyone else it may have affected or will eventually affect.

The only recourse now is to heavily put the word out, including contacting people who have been promoting his warez, like the Happy Console Gamer guy on youtube, and inform them of the situation to try to get them to stop promoting his shit. That and turn him over to the IP owners so they can take legal action if they want to do so.

Outside of that, nothing else can be done. In all honesty, half the time this place creates its own problems and 9 years later the shit has gotten old and I'm glad i dont care to f*ck with any of it anymore. Seeing a thread like this doesn't surprise me in the least. It was obviously going to happen the moment a bunch of you kliked that order button for the Memories box sets and spread the word around that he was selling them.

This. 100%.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
NOTE:

All future translations should have a warning disclaimer in the code that says IF YOU PAID FOR THIS DISC, YOU GOT f*ckED.

etc.

f*ck this guy.  I hope he gets his dick caught in a car door.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 05:50:10 PM »
He doesn't even know wtf that is. I'm fairly positive he is referring to the worthless f*cking Neo forums. You know, the one that's basking in the $30,000 Aero Fighters 3 scam and whatever other garbage they have going on on any given Thursday.

LOL :-({|=

You forgot to mention Waseem Daker in your whining about the place :lol:

Its not whining, its stating the f*cking obvious. The place is a shit hole. Always has been, always will be.

Also, I wrote to PCE Works asking them to discontinue their projects that they have not received permission to distribute....

Never going to happen. The stupid cunt probably needs another hundred XRGB and Extron units or something, so the presses shall never stop... Oh yeah, you guys probably don't know about that.

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Because when one upscaling setup is not enough, you have to buy them all....
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:09:38 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

mackdanger

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
Wait, so the guy doing those PCE pressings is Fudoh? Or is he just running ads for the guy doing the pressings on his site?
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 08:15:56 PM »
Wait, so the guy doing those PCE pressings is Fudoh? Or is he just running ads for the guy doing the pressings on his site?

Its the same guy. Tobias "Fudoh" Reich is the name he goes by. Don't know if its actually his real name given he also attaches said name to his illegal activities. He may just toss it out there on all his sites as an alias.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »
Yes this is the same guy that does all that scanline and video processor stuff.

Also I love how on the page's upcoming list Bonk 3 CD is going to be 49 Euros, while Godzilla will be 29 Euros.  Why the hell would Bonk be more expensive to produce?  ROLF, he just knows Bonk will sell more, hence may as well charge more.   Never bought anything from him myself either.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:39:29 PM by SuperDeadite »
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite