Author Topic: That Tobias f--k went after Xak III and SO II as pressed CD-ROM releases!  (Read 23913 times)

NightWolve

https://pceworks.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/xakiii-and-soii/
https://pceworks.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/xak-iii-deluxe-edition/

To be clear, I was not contacted in any way, shape or form about Xak III... SO II is Tru's project mainly by agreement, though I helped him start it ages ago, and is outside of my concern. Xak III is my issue and the fact that this f--k is likely getting ready to press Ys IV down the road, and so my hopes of eventually doing it myself someday, the right way (partly), by contacting members that can be, taking votes, working out deals, redubbing any voice actor who refused inclusion (e.g. like BurntLasagna's brother for a soldier character I'd definitely have to redub), etc. that's all dashed as I don't think I could ever catch up to this guy's expertise in doing this and I'm far too busy to even try this year! He definitely thinks he should get to do it and pocket 100% of the earnings!

As many know, I'm not a fan credo fanatic and against the concept in principle, but sneaking around and doing it in secret when you COULD contact the people's fan translation work you are using, is where there's an issue for me! Avoiding the company which would want $5k-$10k-$15k in licensing fees is understandable and would mean no bootlegs/repros would ever happen, so escaping that, I understand.

The other thing, this m0therf--ker never donated a single penny, a single f--king penny ever, the f--king prick that he is! If you're in this forum, Tobias, f--k you a$$hole! F--k you, you piece of f--king scum!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: That Tobias f--k went after Xak III and SO II as pressed CD-ROM releases!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »
*sigh*

It was just a matter of time before this happened.  First he stole Tom's stuff, now he's going for translated goodies; any bets that he'll again claim ignorance of who did the work?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

seieienbu

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:09:49 AM »
That f*cking sucks.  I'm quite sorry that some scumbag is profiting off of your hard work.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

seieienbu

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:39 AM »
Just a thought, but on your Emerald Dragon translation, I would make sure to include a new title screen with something like "This is a fan translation provided for free.  If you purchased this then you ripped off by cretinous scum" or something
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:20:48 AM »
HOOOOOLYYYYYY SHIT. 

I am sorry to hear this man.  First the Deucebag shit with XSEED and now this, I honestly don't blame you for being so friggin pissed off.  I really hope he does not steal the YsIV translation because if he does there is going to be a shitstorm coming. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Dicer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 03:22:50 AM »
He does it because as we have seen, there is a demand for these...https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17720.0

I think it's sad but it's come down to this, if you care about profits then whatever project you are working on needs to be kept under wraps until such time as you can create your own pressed discs before someone else does. But, if you are doing it for the love of it and for the fan base, then f*ck this guy he shouldn't bother you one bit.

Not everyone can recreate a disc like this, and sure he is making a tidy profit, but that's only because people are paying.

I'm sure Y's IV is in the sights meanwhile we bicker back and forth because of one guy that pretty much put the kabosh on a community version happening with out a bunch of reworking.

I love this system and I am eager to see the coming translations...however either they need to be done in secret or done without worrying about one shitty profiteer.

Only good thing that came out of this I was unaware of SO translation, going to have to give that a go.

As always just my .02 on the matter, sorry if I offended anyone...well not really lol

jtucci31

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 03:31:21 AM »
*sigh*

It was just a matter of time before this happened.  First he stole Tom's stuff, now he's going for translated goodies; any bets that he'll again claim ignorance of who did the work?

But how in the hell can he even begin to claim ignorance? That's just ludicrous.

esteban

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:44:48 AM »

*sigh*

But how in the hell can he even begin to claim ignorance? That's just ludicrous.

Why engage in a debate when you (as bootlegger) can claim ignorance and avoid incriminating yourself further?

TOBIAS has nothing to gain by arguing. He knows he is a douchebag and he is happy to sell his wares to knowing and unknowing PCE fans.

I think his designs are very nice, but that doesn't excuse his douchebaggery.

TOBIAS is purely motivated by money. Sadly, too many folks buy from him, so he knows he will profit (increasingly so, it seems).

|    | 

BlueBMW

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 04:59:42 AM »
It seems maybe he has heard some of this negative response....  apparently now you can buy loose discs of Xak 3 and SO2 for like 11 euros...  I dunno, still rubs me the wrong way though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 05:01:29 AM »
I don't really care for the goofy booklet packaging.  What's wrong with a nice jewel case?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 05:36:47 AM »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Black Tiger

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 05:57:05 AM »
And all the PCEFX n00bs cheered...
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 05:58:14 AM »
It seems maybe he has heard some of this negative response....  apparently now you can buy loose discs of Xak 3 and SO2 for like 11 euros...  I dunno, still rubs me the wrong way though.

That's still a hefty markup in my opinon, though I guess if he's getting them pressed over in Europe maybe 11 euro plus international shipping is pretty close to cost.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Black Tiger

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 06:07:45 AM »
Just found the email about the new bootlegs. Who are the French, German, American and Ukrainians who helped him rip everyone off, or is he simply referencing all the people he ripped off with this round?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum