Author Topic: Hi, folks. I'm new :)  (Read 504 times)

Ryuutsume

Hi, folks. I'm new :)
« on: October 08, 2001, 08:27:00 AM »
Hey, my name is Wes. On the boards, you can call me Ryuutsume, or Ryuu. I dig the Turbo Duo, and this site rocks. It's rare to see such hardcore fan sites like this anymore. I'm definitely gonna be hanging round here for a good long time. I don't suppose anyone has any info for me, sinse I am RELATIVELY new to the Turbo Duo? I emulate it with the Magic Engine. I know that CD copies work on the real system, and the general U.S. history of the system.

Questions I have right now ...

Is it me, or is Ys 3 sickeningly difficult. I might just be missing something, but ... WOW! lol

I know CD burning official products is looked down upon, but I don't buy discontinued games for $70+, when NEW video games are $10-$50 in general. Does anyone here regularly CD burn SCDs for people on the boards?

This may sound bad lol, but are there any girls around 17 - 22 that are single like me? I know that sounds lame, but hey... when you are looking for 1 girl out of the millions of em in the world, you have to SEARCH for her.  

Pcenginefx

Re: Hi, folks. I'm new :)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
Hi Wes,

Thanks for your comments on the site!  As for your questions....Ys 3 isn't TOO hard...just keep bashing those monsters and gain exp.

As for Burning SCDs...there are probably some people that actively do this on this board (I have in the past)...if they are willing to help you out I'm sure they will.  Try to keep the conversations about this subject private.

And lastly...about your girl issue...well, I don't know of any off the bat, but you never know.  Don't give up and you will find that special someone.  Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

NFERNO68

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2001, 06:56:00 AM »
Welcome to the board. I may have some things your interested in, as far as burns go. E-mail me if you'd like.
quick@eaze.net

ShinoB

welcome!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2001, 08:12:00 AM »
Hey Ryuu!

welcome to the club.
I'm pretty new here too,but I've been collecting PCE/Duo games for a while now.Yeah,I think all of us would rather have the original versions of these games,but realistically its just not possible.my collection is a mixed bag ranging from brand new to back ups I don't know about you but I just dont have $300-400 bucks to spend for a copy of Sapphire(thats rent!)
but I do love my PCE more than any other system I own.
here is a link to a dude that does perfect back ups for a really good price. also, he's very trustworthy.
Kadamose@excite.com (just paste it in)
just ask and he'll send you a HUGE list.
you'll be able to damn near complete your whole collection for about $100 bucks.
then download the CD covers from the web and you have
the next best thing to the real thing for a fraction of the cost.
Anywhoo Enjoy your DUO, and good luck finding that special one.....they're out there.....I found mine...she's a keeper

Ryuutsume

Thanx
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
Thanx for the nice welcome to the club. Ys has gotten a lot easier. I also didn't notice leaving caves/dungeons makes ur life re-fill automatically. Right now I am working on Secret of Mana 2 (forget the real Japanese name). GREAT game once it's been patched into english.     I'm slowly getting things worked out. Know 3 diff people who can CD-R stuff for me, and Ys isnt a huge problem anymore. I'll probably get SCD versions of the Ys games though. Anyone have any good HuCard rom suggestions? I'd like to hear a lil bout what everyone has to say.  

NFERNO68

Re: Thanx
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
I've used Kadamose a time or two. One of his games would only work in an emulator, which I don't use, and it took him forever to replace it. The second time, he sent me 2 wrong titles.

Anonymous

TG-HuCards
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 01:47:00 AM »
Get Ys IV, dawn of Ys from Kadamose - it will work on the MagicEngine release this Christmas - and it is an awesome game - best music in a game ever, for one thing.

HuCard suggestions: Dungeon Explorer, the Soldier Series (Blazing Lazers, Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade, Final Soldier), Idol Hanafuda Fan Club (you will need to find instructions for this one, if you need them, email me at eric_fortin76@hotmail.com), Bonk's Revenge, Devil's Crush, Neutopia I & II, Somer Assault.

trudesire

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 05:43:00 PM »
Welcome to the board,  I stop in here every now and then just to look around and check out this wonderful site!  

The Turbo Duo is a great system, and my site along with the help of other Turbo Fans, have created a group called RIGG (Retro ISO Gaming Guild)

Before you go and buy games from someone you hardly know, you can always download FREE Games from one of our FTP's.  Yes, these are huge files, but they are ripped with CDRWin using the best method of extractions, and are then rar'd up in 10 meg files.  Each RIGG FTP shares the same archive, so you can continue/resume any archive that any RIGG Member has.  We have many games up and going, and all games are tested 100% before being sent to the RIGG Universal FTP.

But, if you have a slow download or no cd burner or bin/cue recording software, feel free to check out my site as well, as I offer almost 200 PC Engine/Turbo Duo games as well as PC-FX games.

I have dealt with over 100+ customers, and have had only 1 person complain, and I immediately resent the items with delivery confirmation, and the person received his games within 3 days of the complaint.

Also, on my site/message board, I have a section for people to rate the people who do burning services.  This is rather new (my site has been around for over a year now and the section of the message board has only been around for a month or 2(somethig like that)), and yes, Kamadose is listed there, so before you do business with someone, I suggest that you check out that page.  Some other people that I can refer you to are: CRSV(I have done many trades, flawlessly), Qualitygames(I have done many trades, flawlessly), and a few others, but I have done the most trades with these 2 people.  Feel free to check out the message board as well as my site, as I also offer original games/systems for sale.

www.fotozplus.com/tru.html

Hope everything goes good for you, and again, welcome to the community!