Author Topic: WTB Coryoon  (Read 1715 times)

Gredler

Re: WTB Coryoon
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 07:36:42 AM »
I'd say an everdrive is emulation if only for the fact the storage medium for the rom is completely different to a Hucard. There is of course more than this but that is sufficient.
Most important thing : Play, enjoy.

It'd be neat to do a survey on all relevant forums regarding this. I think most would see emulation related to software console emulation, but collector-heavy communities would have an amount of people seeing flashcarts as emulation.

I think I'm going to go enjoy some non-emulated games on my flashcart now :lol:

FWIW I agree it should be considered emulation. Emulation that is the closest to the real thing without it being a developer/publisher release. One thing that makes flash carts feel like emulation is how easily a rom can modified or dumped wrong, and unless you dump it yourself and know exactly what you're doing, you never know what is going on in a rom, could be a renamed Keith Courage.rom :P. When I was in my emulation/ROM using years I would often find multiple rips of the same game that would have variances (bad dumps, trainers, hacks.) Sure you can find revisions of the same game (Revenge of Shinobi, anyone?) but those changes were made by the developer and officially released, and are generally either historically epic in notability, or hardly noticeable. I feel like a fan modified version, home brew, and the like, are all adding to the "feeling" of emulation you're referring to card readers as not having. Sure it's the original hardware, but it's potentially a modified Rom, or improperly dumped ROM, etc. All of this on top of the fact there is actual emulation being performed at the hardware level (as discussed,) I side wholly on the idea that using a flash card is a form of emulation, or emulating. Although it is the the best way to play the games aside from retail releases, it's still emulation. I feel like it's a similar argument to the Retron 5. Some actually defend it as not emulation, because you're playing the actual carts. It's the inverse to this argument that has the same answer, emulation at any level is emulation, and there's nothing wrong with any of it. Enjoy the game, and if you want more authenticity there are a great number of options and levels of that authenticity available.

That being said, I am curious how to get a hold of one. I am not way into emulation, but there are quite a few games, such as Coryoon, that I will never be able to justify purchasing even if I can afford, so this is probably the road I need to invest in eventually, if I want to check out the rarez ;).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:38:42 AM by Gredler »

HailingTheThings

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
All your arguments are invalid, null and void cuz I procured myself a Coryoon already. And when I get it, I'm gonna boil it.

I knew if I prayed to Jesus hard enough, it would happen.

#YouAreWelcome

Your praying is useless unless you pray to mahKAWK Lord Mammon

fixed

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2015, 11:28:09 AM »
All your arguments are invalid, null and void cuz I procured myself a Coryoon already. And when I get it, I'm gonna boil it.

#YouAreWelcome

fixed

:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2015, 05:17:00 PM »

#YouAreWelcome

fixed

You're interesting. :333333333333333333333333333333

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »

#YouAreWelcome

fixed

You're interesting. :333333333333333333333333333333

HailingTheThings

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 07:30:22 PM »

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 08:26:38 PM »

Trenton_net

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 04:39:04 AM »
Chu card?

Are these repos sold anywhere in particular? Ie. can you buy them or have them special made? Or are these just one-offs people find or made for themselves?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2015, 05:34:17 AM »
Chu card?

Are these repos sold anywhere in particular? Ie. can you buy them or have them special made? Or are these just one-offs people find or made for themselves?

Talk to chop5, he might have some more.

MotherGunner

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »
This thread is full of 1st World Problems.   >=)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
This thread is full of 1st World Problems.   >=)

MotherGunner

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
I need glasses.  I read, "BUT IT DIDN'T COME WITH ANAL..."

Giggity.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2015, 12:49:59 PM »
I need glasses.  I read, "BUT IT DIDN'T COME WITH ANAL..."

Giggity.

esteban

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
Code: [Select]
██████╗ ██╗      █████╗ ██╗   ██╗    ██████╗ ██╗      ██████╗ ██████╗ ██╗ █████╗
██╔══██╗██║     ██╔══██╗╚██╗ ██╔╝    ██╔══██╗██║     ██╔═══██╗██╔══██╗██║██╔══██╗
██████╔╝██║     ███████║ ╚████╔╝     ██████╔╝██║     ██║   ██║██║  ██║██║███████║
██╔═══╝ ██║     ██╔══██║  ╚██╔╝      ██╔══██╗██║     ██║   ██║██║  ██║██║██╔══██║
██║     ███████╗██║  ██║   ██║       ██████╔╝███████╗╚██████╔╝██████╔╝██║██║  ██║
╚═╝     ╚══════╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝       ╚═════╝ ╚══════╝ ╚═════╝ ╚═════╝ ╚═╝╚═╝  ╚═╝

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS???!!!!

I strongly suspect my phone did not render this properly (I am on Le Compooter now). I'll have to check!

REGARDLESS, this thread is BACK ON TRACK. :)

██████╗ ██╗      █████╗ ██╗   ██╗    ██████╗ ██╗      ██████╗ ██████╗ ██╗ █████╗
██╔══██╗██║     ██╔══██╗╚██╗ ██╔╝    ██╔══██╗██║     ██╔═══██╗██╔══██╗██║██╔══██╗
██████╔╝██║     ███████║ ╚████╔╝     ██████╔╝██║     ██║   ██║██║  ██║██║███████║
██╔═══╝ ██║     ██╔══██║  ╚██╔╝      ██╔══██╗██║     ██║   ██║██║  ██║██║██╔══██║
██║     ███████╗██║  ██║   ██║       ██████╔╝███████╗╚██████╔╝██████╔╝██║██║  ██║
╚═╝     ╚══════╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝       ╚═════╝ ╚══════╝ ╚═════╝ ╚═════╝ ╚═╝╚═╝  ╚═╝
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:54:46 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:07 AM »

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THIS???!!!!

I strongly suspect my phone did not render this properly (I am on Le Compooter now). I'll have to check!

REGARDLESS, this thread is BACK ON TRACK. :)

LOL u crack me up.
Also, Blodia looks terrible. :P