Author Topic: SOLD OUT: PCE/Turbografx RGB THS7374 amps and cables  (Read 5799 times)

mickcris

Re: FS: PCE/Turbografx RGB THS7374 amps and cables and cheap region switches
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2017, 01:05:49 AM »
bump.  amp has been updated and now uses a THS734 instead of a THS7314.

xelement5x

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
Ever put one of these in a Laseractive?  Just wondering how the output from there will look. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

mickcris

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
Ever put one of these in a Laseractive?  Just wondering how the output from there will look.
I have not.  I'm sure it can be done though.  I think I've seen somewhere about doing it, but it only works in the pce/tg16 module and not laser active specific games iirc

xelement5x

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2017, 07:43:32 AM »
I have not.  I'm sure it can be done though.  I think I've seen somewhere about doing it, but it only works in the pce/tg16 module and not laser active specific games iirc

Oh yeah, I know about the limitations of the RGB, basically it can only take the RGB from the PAC not the LD since the video is natively in composite.  Other implementations I've seen for RGB on the LA make it so that you basically have RGB for both the Genesis and PCE PACs.

I guess I'm basically just wondering if the tweaks that have been done for this chip to make it optimal for the PCE would impact the stronger RGB signal that is sent by default from the Genesis PAC. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

mickcris

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »
i never really looked into how it was done before.  but yes, it should make the output for the gensis a little darker, but it would make the output for the tg16 look right.  if you use an amp that has the 75 ohm resistors, the opposite would happen.  this is assuming that the PAC is just a tg16 consoles shoved inside of it as i have never really looked into this before. 
you could maybe rig up some sort of switch for the output resistors to swap between different ones.

mickcris

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2017, 02:23:31 AM »
bump. have lots of amps ready to ship

mickcris

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »
I have 4 of the previous rev amp with the ths7314 for a discounted price is anyone is interested.

price is $12 a piece shipped if you are in the USA.  if you are outside of the USA, there might be a small shipping charge also.

all gone
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:46:16 AM by mickcris »

MobiusStripTech

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Installed one of mickcris boards in my personal Duo R this weekend. Can't recommend it enough. That and I hear he is a rather handsome fellow as well as a gentleman.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

mickcris

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2017, 01:20:40 AM »
Installed one of mickcris boards in my personal Duo R this weekend. Can't recommend it enough. That and I hear he is a rather handsome fellow as well as a gentleman.

haha.  thanks. :oops:

mickcris

Re: FS: PCE/Turbografx RGB THS7374 amps and cables
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2017, 04:01:49 AM »
have replaced the sync strip scart cable with a small add on board to be installed in the console.  It could also be installed in the scart head if you really wanted to, but better to do it inside the console.  Board outputs 75 ohm sync, but could be easily modified to output TTL sync if one required it.

com4

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
Works great, thanks!

mickcris

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2017, 12:18:07 AM »
regular sized 8 pin din euro scart cables now have a pcb

I was thinking this would make building them quicker but that's not really the case.  Still, they look a bit nicer than my previous cables with the all the ground jumpers. 

mario64

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2017, 02:23:28 PM »

I was thinking this would make building them quicker but that's not really the case.  Still, they look a bit nicer than my previous cables with the all the ground jumpers.
How can I go about ordering one of these? I'm hoping it will address the audio hum from my Duo R

mickcris

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »

How can I go about ordering one of these? I'm hoping it will address the audio hum from my Duo R

Sent you a pm

mickcris

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2017, 11:12:03 AM »
bump