Author Topic: "The End" Ys I and II beat finally  (Read 345 times)

wyndcrosser

"The End" Ys I and II beat finally
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »
I finally sat down and beat the last bit after Solomon's Shrine. Holy hell, I haven't played a challenging dungeon like that in awhile. The respawn rate in Ys I and II can be a hurdle at times as well, especially if you save at the wrong time in combat and try to load your game up. The last boss battle took me about 10 deaths before I finally got him too, those rocks/balls are a real pain. I know others have played this, especially because they helped me out when I had issues with the Skull Boss.

On to Ys III

cjameslv

Re: "The End" Ys I and II beat finally
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 07:16:36 AM »
Grats!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:15:29 AM »
Nicely done!  Have fun with III.   
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
Such greatness.
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 01:38:38 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 02:58:29 PM by NightWolve »

toymachine78

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 03:59:38 PM »
When you get to the dark cave in the end of III save and take a password. Please pass it along to me.   No I'm not joking. I'm serious..... Dead f*cking serious!

wyndcrosser

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 07:17:51 AM »
When you get to the dark cave in the end of III save and take a password. Please pass it along to me.   No I'm not joking. I'm serious..... Dead f*cking serious!

I'm getting my ass kicked at the first level lol. I guess I'm not used to 360 non-angle fighting lol. I'll do a password for ya if I do. I want to finish it and then IV and V (Snes).

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 12:50:40 PM »
Congrats! Definitely one of my favorite Turbo games ever. Ys III is very different but good in it's own way. Save often, doing a little bit of level grinding, and it's a piece of cake.

wilykat

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 08:11:17 PM »
If this game was released today rather than 20 years ago, people would have been complaining it's too hard.  :mrgreen: Today's sissy generation requires easy game and hand holding. If it can't be finished in a few hours with 0 death on the first try, it sucks.

In the meanwhile I play AD&D: Cloudy Mountain version on Intellivision on very hard setting and still win it with all 3 lives. People today would never get past the first mountain on very hard setting.  :twisted:

MNKyDeth

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 08:38:39 PM »
Grats wyndcrosser, Y's 1 - 3 are really fun games. If I recall as well Y's 1 - 2 was also the very first game to ever get all 10's on a scale from 1 to 10 in the EGM magazine it was in.

I thought Y's 3 was not as fun as it was a large change in the way the game played compared to the first two. But since I had played Exile: Wicked Phenomenon, once I got into the game I had an idea what to expect and enjoyed it greatly.

Also, wilykat, I will agree to the most part. I also think achievements have ruined it some with the new games. The reason is people play the game to beat it now but it must be easy. The so called hard core gamers do all the achieves in a game to prove their worth compared to the ones that don't.

I bought the Y's games that are one steam, mostly for the nostalgia factor. I really enjoyed them but to me it's just not the same cause of the achieves and using a PS4 controller just doesn't feel right since I don't have auto-turbo selection etc.

wyndcrosser

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »
I would have killed for an auto turbo feature for the last boss in Ys II, that guy was a pain. I tried to level up so I could do more damage, but anywhere I went i would only get about 5-10 exp per kill. I think I beat it at lv 61, which was higher than the "recommended" level of 55.