Author Topic: A Stupid Question (help!)  (Read 333 times)

andrew

A Stupid Question (help!)
« on: October 27, 2001, 07:34:00 AM »
I just picked up an American Turbo Grafx system at a local thrift store- I know nothing about this system, but I figured you guys would. The system came with one card- Bonk's Revenge- that has English text and the Turbo Grafx logo. There are also about 15 other cards called HuCards. They have Japanese text and English "notes"  on the back.  Would these be compatible with my system, or are they Japanese games that require a different sytem? (Some of the games are R-Type I, GunHed, Outlive, Street Fighter II, Rastan Saga II, and Power Drift)

There are also a few other cards that I think might be knock-offs. One is a "Super 5 in 1" Card with no text on the back. The other is called a PC Card- and it apparently has 4 games on it (Bomberman, Alien Crush, R-Type I and another with only Japanese text) Would these cards be knock-offs?

Finally, there is one card, dated Namco 1987, that has "PC Engine" in the top corner.  The image is 2 wide eyed children standing in front of a tiled temple. There is some scary guy in red holding a weapon in the bottom corner.
On the other side of the kids there are frogs, aliens, and (apparently?) the Devil. Would anyone know what this game is called?

I know these are lots of questions, but truly I had never seen this system until today!
It must not have had a long shelf life in Canada, but it looked pretty cool so I figured I should pick it up.
(Hey, you can't go wrong for 5 bucks... especially 5 Canadian bucks...)

NFERNO68

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
You will need whats called a Kisado adapter to play Japanese cards on your US system. They can be quite tricky to find though.