Author Topic: Who Said You Still Can't Find Good Deals ? Air Zonk , PC ENGINE Stuff , & More!  (Read 848 times)

xasap_retro_gamerx

My friend told me he needs money , he invites me over , he had a lot of other stuff , like a neo geo pocket with over 20 games which I got also , but he had turbo games .... All but bomberman , bonk's adventure , alien crush , galaga . Keith courage , and blazing lasers (I had those already) ... He even gave me a system with an original power cable , a turbo booster plus , a turbo stick , a turbo tap  , and 4 controllers ... I paid about $100 for all the turbo stuff (he told the price didn't have to haggle)  Man I'm In Turbo Heaven . He even threw in a cd card , the import converter and the PC Engine 3.0 card .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:23:35 AM by xasap_retro_gamerx »

toymachine78

Re: Who Said You Still Can't Find Good Turbo Deals ? Air Zonk & More!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 05:12:48 AM »
Man a converter too!? Nice!

SignOfZeta

Man a converter too!? Nice!

This made me laugh.

BlueBMW

Arent you trying to sell just the booster for $120 on facebook?  I hope you plan to help your friend out with some of the proceeds from the stuff youre selling if he really needed money that bad...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

VenomMacbeth

So what's this, the third random noob to pop up with a "zomg look at this rare score I just got" in recent days?

Le sigh...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:44:06 AM by VenomMacbeth »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

BlueBMW

Something I explained to someone not too long ago...  They were asking me about a scheme they had to sell their car and buy another car that was exactly the same as what they had already.  The deal was, sell their car for max price and talk down the guy on this other car a bunch so that he would end up with the same car but a few grand in his pocket.  He was trying to figure out a way out of paying tax / registration on the new car.  I told him there was no legal / moral way to do it.  I went on to say the only way you're getting a deal is by someone else taking a hit.  Either the person he sells his car to overpaying or the guy he's buying from getting too little for their car.  No matter what, someone has to lose in order for you to get that great deal.

I told him the best way is to offer a fair price for things, not too high that the buyer is getting a poor deal and not too low that the seller is getting screwed.  I told him what I had paid for a junker car I bought recently and he was like "dude, you could have talked him down another few hundred bucks"  Yes I could have and probably got it for less, but the price I offered was a fair one for both parties.

Remember that people, making profit is great and all but consider what is really happening when you buy for cheap and sell high.  Buying broken, repairing / modding etc and then selling higher is one thing but just flipping stuff you got cheap purely for the sake of profit... yeah no.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

Being a good friend to someone in need is worth more than a f*cking copy of Klax. Jesus.

SplatterTrigger

That's great to hear you helped your friend in need. And you got such a great deal as well in the process. What's even more amazing than all that though is the amount of money you are flipping all that stuff for on Facebook. Such a great friend you are!

ShadowKitty777

I like this community.

sirhcman

Arent you trying to sell just the booster for $120 on facebook?

He is trying to sell it on here too...what a nice guy he is :eyeroll:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=18948.msg403549#msg403549

esteban

I like this new guy. He thinks that we would cheat our own grandma to make a few measly dollars.

Being a good friend to someone in need is worth more than a f*cking copy of Klax. Jesus.

Quote* of the year.

* Unless it is a sealed, mint KLAX. Then all bets are off.

:)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:53:03 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Bravo.  It takes a real winner to flip stuff from your friends for max gouge, but what does any of this have to do with the PC-FX?!?

Seriously, why do so many morons use the PC-FX sub-forum for unrelated shit?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

PunkicCyborg

Bravo.  It takes a real winner to flip stuff from your friends for max gouge, but what does any of this have to do with the PC-FX?!?

Seriously, why do so many morons use the PC-FX sub-forum for unrelated shit?
i bet most of them don't even know what a pcfx is
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Let's find out who the friend is and link him to the sale threads/posts. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

xasap_retro_gamerx

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »
Let's find out who the friend is and link him to the sale threads/posts.

my friend is a bigger collector then most people , I kept all of his stuff , and sold my old stuff . Since his is much in better condition , He sold his neo geo collection for 380ish to a local video game store . He has ebay , but has no time to list , I even offered to list for him  , but he didn't want to wait , he told me the price , He encouraged me to sell , I can get you all screen caps if you don't believe me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:48:07 PM by xasap_retro_gamerx »