Author Topic: The PC-FX Holy Grail ...  (Read 668 times)

elmer

The PC-FX Holy Grail ...
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:33:31 AM »
With the very kind help of a friend ... the Holy Grail of the PC-FX world is finally in sight!  :wink:

Now ... just praying that the seller didn't kill it with a jolt of static when he took it out of the box to take the photos.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: The PC-FX Holy Grail ...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:04:32 AM »
Nice!  It's such a monster of a card.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

16bitgium

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:08:25 AM »
I same this same game in the superpotato in Akihabara.But didnt buy ot because it is incompatible with the regular pcfx.

elmer

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 06:34:12 AM »
I same this same game in the superpotato in Akihabara.But didnt buy ot because it is incompatible with the regular pcfx.

Well, I may have been very, very lucky that you thought that ... it might have been exactly the card that you saw that I'm getting! But I think that you may be wrong.

As far as I know, it will play any existing PC-FX game that's put in your PC's CD drive.

It may play a PC-FX image from its CD-emulation ... but only someone that has already got one would be able to say for sure.

I know that anything created with the GMAKER/GMAKER-PLUS development software was deliberately limited to not run on a real PC-FX ... but by using a recent GCC and liberis, and avoiding Hudson's old GMAKER libraries, I'm hoping that we shouldn't have that limitation any more.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:01:01 AM by elmer »

Mednafen

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:29 AM »
Missing capitalization?

elmer

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 07:59:25 AM »
Missing capitalization?

??? Am I missing something ???  :-s

Mednafen

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 08:26:46 AM »
Probably, being cryptic is fun because it warps the other person's thoughts to match your own, but that's assuming they can figure out one's nonsense in the first place!

I was wondering if 16bitgium had encountered a loose copy of "Same Game FX", and not a full PC-FXGA.

Mednafen

elmer

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Probably, being cryptic is fun because it warps the other person's thoughts to match your own, but that's assuming they can figure out one's nonsense in the first place!

I was wondering if 16bitgium had encountered a loose copy of "Same Game FX", and not a full PC-FXGA.

Hahaha ... Doh!  #-o

That's probably exactly what he meant. His broken English and my headache aren't a great combination.

16bitgium

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »
Sorry guys, that is exactly what I meant! ](*,)

elmer

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »
In case you haven't seen this already: http://daifukkat.su/pcfx/download/fxload.html / http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA007898/pcfxga/download/fxload.html

I saw it a few months ago on the original hp.vector.co.jp page when I was first researching programming for the PC-FX ... but I couldn't understand what it was for ... just that it only listed 4 real PC-FX games, and only 2 of them were fully working.

Is that the only/best solution for running PC-FX CD copies (rather than original discs) on the PC-FXGA?

I'm obviously going to have to read up on everything again in order to set up a working Win95 (or 98 if possible) system.

elmer

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 04:24:07 PM »
Wow!!!

Perhaps this should go in the "Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much)" thread ... but I just got notification that this sold, and I can't believe it ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OFFICIAL-NEC-JAPAN-PC-FX-GA-DOS-V-ISA-BUS-GAMES-ON-IBM-PC-WORKING-AS-IS-/321049324004

Did someone really pay $456.78 for a PC-FX GA???  :shock:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 06:41:18 AM »
Wow!!!

Perhaps this should go in the "Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much)" thread ... but I just got notification that this sold, and I can't believe it ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-OFFICIAL-NEC-JAPAN-PC-FX-GA-DOS-V-ISA-BUS-GAMES-ON-IBM-PC-WORKING-AS-IS-/321049324004

Did someone really pay $456.78 for a PC-FX GA???  :shock:

Probably.   People are absolutely retarded.

Good stuff though.  Mine's a PC98 card, and I don't have the machine to hook it up to anymore, so I just pet it sometimes and leave it where it is.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.