Author Topic: I need some help, my TG-16 CD unit is hurting...  (Read 371 times)

GuyKazama

I need some help, my TG-16 CD unit is hurting...
« on: November 27, 2001, 06:20:00 AM »
It plays everything perfectly except for when I get to a cut scene in a CD or SCD game.  For some reason the audio isn't in sync with the animation of the cut scene (e.g. the voice audio is a split second behind the mouth animation).  Does anyone know what's causing this?

I have a TG-16 CD system with a Super System 3 card.

NFERNO

Hmmm
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
You know, some games are just that way. The animating and sound syncronizing wasn't all that precise back in those days.

JesseZamora

Re: Hmmm
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
Is there a sizable delay between the start of a cutscene and the sound beginning?  At that point, you may need to be concerned.  TZD hasn't done repairs since May of this year, but their repair page is still up, offering a link to a place that will service your Turbo CD if you need it.

Kinda sucks NEC won't do it themselves though...

GuyKazama

Thanks guys
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
It's really not that bad, I think nferno has the correct assessment.,  I just don't want my Turbo cd system dying on me.  Thanks.

Brasilpce

Additional info
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
Hi, there.

An important question: are you having such sync problems with original CD's? Because the problem you've mentioned happens quite often when you mount a CD from ISO + MP3 files.

Take care,

Brasilpce (UNIVERSO PC-ENGINE)
pcengine.cjb.net

GuyKazama

It happens on both.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2001, 06:09:00 AM »
Both originals and cdr's do the same thing.  It's hardly noticeable in some games, but in others it becomes very irritating.  LIke I said, it only happens during a cut scene involving facial movements and the sounds that should correspond with those movements.  I first noticed it while playing Cosmic Fantasy 2, but not all games do it.  Might and Magic 3 is also very noticeable.  I don't know, it's not that big of a deal, it justs seems annoying.  Thanks for the help.

Guy