Author Topic: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!  (Read 11593 times)

xelement5x

Re: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »
Awesome news guys!  Thanks a ton for translating and releasing this!  It will give my ol PC-FX a new reason to start moving!

I just ripped my own copy to run the patch on but it gave me an error saying track 3 was not the right length?  I will try with imgburn instead of Cdrwin but not sure what the problem is :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:06:22 PM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:39 PM »
Whoo-hooooo, congratulations, you guys, and thank you so much for your tireless work! :D This is definitely on my mental to-play list for when I next pull out my PC-FX. Just gotta rip my copy and see if I have any good blank CD-Rs around.

esteban

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »

Whoo-hooooo, congratulations, you guys, and thank you so much for your tireless work! :D This is definitely on my mental to-play list for when I next pull out my PC-FX. Just gotta rip my copy and see if I have any good blank CD-Rs around.

TANGENT:

Forgive me, but I don't remember if you ever wrote about Miraculum PC-FX....

If you have played the game, what did you think of it?

BACK ON TOPIC:
When you do play Zeroigar, you have to tell us what you thought of it. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I think it is safe to say that your quality to crap ratio is unparalleled: a few excellent posts every year.
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »
Cool!

I'm saving my money for a Tobias version. He shouldn't want more than...$300, right? Considering it comes with a gold plated .22 shell casing and a giant case made out of trash can lids, right?

f*ckin loled into infinity.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:17 AM »
Congrats on getting 'er done, so quickly too.  You guys gonna tackle another PC-FX game now?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 05:15:07 AM »
Ahh, Necro pointed me to TurboRip here:
https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1604.0

And NightWolve even says:
   It will guarantee the same size of every track file across all CD-ROM devices
   because it will enforce the PRE/POST-GAP rules for transitions between track
   types, something even GoldenHawk's CDRWIN program will not do, nor any other
   professional software of that nature.

I will give it a try ripping again tonight.

If I get the patch applied and working fine would you guys be upset if I made a "pre-patched" ISO link on mediafire or something to share with peeps that ask?

Thank you again!!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 05:34:18 AM »
You have an original, xelement5x ? If you would, try TurboRip logged in with your guest account, it should still be able to read a CD drive even then. Just wanting to see that tested.

xelement5x

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 05:39:56 AM »
You have an original, xelement5x ? If you would, try TurboRip logged in with your guest account, it should still be able to read a CD drive even then. Just wanting to see that tested.

Guest account, like on Windows?

NightWolve

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 05:53:48 AM »
Yeah, it should be able to work across the board without Administrator Rights and I'm even able to log in my PC with the Guest account and it'll still work.

elmer

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 06:38:42 AM »
I just ripped my own copy to run the patch on but it gave me an error saying track 3 was not the right length?  I will try with imgburn instead of Cdrwin but not sure what the problem is :(

I've not actually tried ripping with Cdrwin for many, many years now.  :-k

AFAIK ImgBurn seems to give good .bin/.cue rips to use with the patch, which is why we recommend it in the README file.

TurboRip is a wonderful program ... but it didn't recognize PC-FX cds when I was getting the whole patching sorted out, so I came up with a work-around.

Unfortunately ... I've been too lazy since then (sorry NightWolve!) to actually modify the translation's batch file, yet, to directly use TurboRip's output files when you drop them in the "original-cd" directory.

If you don't want to use ImgBurn, then you can ...
[ul][li]Use TurboRip to extract the .iso/.wav/.cue files.[/li][li]Copy them to the "english-cd" directory as ...

zeroigar01.wav           (  4,132,508 bytes)
zeroigar02.iso           (365,950,976 bytes)
zeroigar02.iso.original  (365,950,976 bytes)
zeroigar03.wav           ( 29,990,396 bytes)
zeroigar04.wav           ( 47,277,596 bytes)
zeroigar05.wav           (130,472,540 bytes)

[/li][li]Copy "zeroigar.cue" from the "english-patch\cue\" directory.[/li][li]Open up a command window in the "english-patch\" directory.[/li][li]Run "zero-mix.exe"[/li][li]Run "zero-patch.exe"[/li][/ul]
That's it ... that's all that the batch file does.

The other "benefit" to doing this is that you can play with all the different command line switches to "zero-mix" and "zero-patch" and see some interesting stuff (use "-h" to get a list of the options).  :wink:

If I get the patch applied and working fine would you guys be upset if I made a "pre-patched" ISO link on mediafire or something to share with peeps that ask?

As long as you're not selling it, that would comply with the licensing terms of the translation patch itself.

You'd still be distributing the original game itself ... which is a copyright issue, and is against MediaFire's policy, and which could get your account there suspended.

But I'm sure that you already know that.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 07:01:31 AM »
Excellent news gents!  Congrats on the completion and major props on the hard work that went into this!  May it bring many OBEY-FXers much joy!!

:D

esadajr

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 07:25:31 AM »
Thanks a lot for the hard work. For those of you trying this on Mednafen, use the revision [a] bios. All seems to be well on Win7 x64. As soon as I get a chance I'll try it on a Wii.
Gaming since 1985

xelement5x

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 08:08:23 AM »

I've not actually tried ripping with Cdrwin for many, many years now.  :-k

AFAIK ImgBurn seems to give good .bin/.cue rips to use with the patch, which is why we recommend it in the README file.

TurboRip is a wonderful program ... but it didn't recognize PC-FX cds when I was getting the whole patching sorted out, so I came up with a work-around.

Unfortunately ... I've been too lazy since then (sorry NightWolve!) to actually modify the translation's batch file, yet, to directly use TurboRip's output files when you drop them in the "original-cd" directory.

If you don't want to use ImgBurn, then you can ...
[ul][li]Use TurboRip to extract the .iso/.wav/.cue files.[/li][li]Copy them to the "english-cd" directory as ...

zeroigar01.wav           (  4,132,508 bytes)
zeroigar02.iso           (365,950,976 bytes)
zeroigar02.iso.original  (365,950,976 bytes)
zeroigar03.wav           ( 29,990,396 bytes)
zeroigar04.wav           ( 47,277,596 bytes)
zeroigar05.wav           (130,472,540 bytes)

[/li][li]Copy "zeroigar.cue" from the "english-patch\cue\" directory.[/li][li]Open up a command window in the "english-patch\" directory.[/li][li]Run "zero-mix.exe"[/li][li]Run "zero-patch.exe"[/li][/ul]
That's it ... that's all that the batch file does.

The other "benefit" to doing this is that you can play with all the different command line switches to "zero-mix" and "zero-patch" and see some interesting stuff (use "-h" to get a list of the options).  :wink:

As long as you're not selling it, that would comply with the licensing terms of the translation patch itself.

You'd still be distributing the original game itself ... which is a copyright issue, and is against MediaFire's policy, and which could get your account there suspended.

But I'm sure that you already know that.

Thanks for the info!  When I tried to rip it with IMG burn it would do the analysis on the disc and then just kind of got stuck on track 2.  I let it sit there for like 30 minutes but it never finished so I figured it was just hung. 

My computer is pretty old but I've normally never run into issues.  Oh, and the disc looks immaculate so I don't think it's damaged.  I will try messing around with it again later tonight.

TurboGrafxRetrogaming

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »
Well, I downloaded the Zeroigar .zip to my Mac to burn, realized this Imgburn that everyone is talking about only supports PCs, so I moved the .zip to a PC, downloaded Imgburn and now my browser is hijacked with some Cassiopesa search malware (instead of Google or other search engines)...

I have no idea what this is as I'm a Mac guy, nor what to do -but it's just unfortunate that this is what happens when I try to download something from an unknown source/link that seems safe, to a PC. And since ImgBurn won't open, I have no chance of creating an ISO from the Zip and creating a CD with Zeroigar. Poor.

If anyone knows anything about what I'm talking about, either I can start a new post or please email me at jszkutek@gmail.com.

So sad.

Check out my random, retro, turbo-inspired, video game eye candy at:
https://instagram.com/turbografxretrogaming

elmer

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 09:00:32 AM »
Well, I downloaded the Zeroigar .zip to my Mac to burn, realized this Imgburn that everyone is talking about only supports PCs, so I moved the .zip to a PC, downloaded Imgburn and now my browser is hijacked with some Cassiopesa search malware (instead of Google or other search engines)...

I'll be interested to hear how you get on trying to do this on the Mac.

I don't personally know of any Mac-based program that will rip/burn this kind of image, but that's probably because my Mac Pro usually runs Windows.

I take it that you were either ...
[ul][li]Unwise enough to download ImgBurn from somewhere other than the official ImgBurn.com website (http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe)[/li][li]Unwise enough to install the crappy adware that it tries to get you to agree to install (which can be disabled with the "Custom Install" option).[/li][/ul]
If you installed the adware, you should just be able to uninstall ImgBurn and then uninstall the adware.

Sorry ... but people infesting "free" software with this kind of advertising B.S. if part of the price that PC users pay for getting useful software for "free". You get used to figuring out how to avoid installing the bundled crap.

The ImgBurn guys are reputable ... AFAIK, none of the stuff that they bundle into that installer is actually Malware ... but it is definitely unwanted junk, which is why they allow you to disable installing it.

I'm sorry that it's caused you such a problem, it is so long since I actually installed/updated ImgBurn that I'd forgotten that they'd even started bundling adware with it.  :(

It's a good warning, folks ... if you do install ImgBurn, then please don't just blindly click "Yes" on everything!

Look at the dialogs, and when it "recommends" installing some additional adware program, just select "Custom Install (Advanced)" and disable it!

I'll contact you by email and try to help.

[EDIT]

Huh ... I just remembered you from another thread ...  :-s

You're a guy that doesn't actually have an original Zerogiar CD, so why-on-earth are you installing ImgBurn???
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:08:15 AM by elmer »