Author Topic: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!  (Read 11599 times)

filler

Re: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2015, 02:29:22 PM »
TANGENT:

Forgive me, but I don't remember if you ever wrote about Miraculum PC-FX....

If you have played the game, what did you think of it?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I played it a bit a number of months ago. At first it seems like a very traditional RPG in both good and bad ways. What stands out about it are the FMV scenes (of course) which I really like how they act as cut scenes in what is otherwise much like an RPG from the Super Nintendo. Additionally there is some shocking violence, and just a bit of humor and personality. I was enjoying it when I stopped playing. I'd like to get back to it.

esteban

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2015, 02:36:46 PM »

TANGENT:

Forgive me, but I don't remember if you ever wrote about Miraculum PC-FX....

If you have played the game, what did you think of it?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I played it a bit a number of months ago. At first it seems like a very traditional RPG in both good and bad ways. What stands out about it are the FMV scenes (of course) which I really like how they act as cut scenes in what is otherwise much like an RPG from the Super Nintendo. Additionally there is some shocking violence, and just a bit of humor and personality. I was enjoying it when I stopped playing. I'd like to get back to it.

Thank you :)

Every bit of feedback helps.

|    | 

elmer

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:41 AM »
This project motivated me to finally get a PC-FX again. I don't know how much free time I'll have to play the game, but I'll try it out as soon as my new system arrives.

I hope that you enjoy it!

You'll be one of the select few to appreciate the old technique that I used to anti-alias the soft-subtitles on the Sakuraigar Mode level name screens (the regular Anime Mode level name soft-subs were trivial to do, since they're always on black).

herb

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »
Burning a copy now,super excited. Thanks a bunch for doing this dude!

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »
Cant wait to play!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

SkyeWelse

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
Awesome! Looking forward to playing this when I can either get a PC-FX or a PC-FX GA for my 98 machine. Thank you for working on it. It looks great!

-Thomas

SamIAm

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2015, 01:49:10 AM »
I'm grateful for the publicity, but...

The PC-FX is not known for its scrolling capabilities.  Hell, the console was built from the ground up to be a full motion video (FMV) console, it has limited hardware as far as actually producing anything outside of FMV games.  NEC set it up like this on purpose, check out titles like Battle Heat or Team Innocent- this thing was not meant for fast moving objects, quick input from the gamer or anything related to either of those things.

For more proof of this check out the gameplay video of Choshin Heiki Zeroigar in action.  See that jerky movement in the background?  It is not all that bad but it can be hard on the eyes and could produce headaches in certain people.  Definitely play at your own risk here.  For those wanting something smoother may I suggest the 194X series?

...sigh.

FYI, the scrolling is smooth 60FPS. The "jerky" scrolling in my youtube preview video is the result of youtube itself converting it to 30FPS. The PC-FX can scroll just fine.  ](*,)

MrBroadway

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2015, 01:59:01 AM »
People who don't actually own a product should not be writing magazine articles about them.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2015, 03:25:36 AM »
Standard bearded fatass hipster gamer with knowledge limited to whatever he can cut and paste from wikipedia or glean from a youtube video.  [-(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

elmer

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2015, 04:32:24 AM »
I'm grateful for the publicity, but...

Oh, dear! What idiot wrote that? Where did it come from?

It might be a good idea to put a link to the the RomHacking project page on that YouTube video so that anyone who finds the video can download the patch.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2015, 05:02:36 AM »

Oh, dear! What idiot wrote that? Where did it come from?

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2015/08/12/choshin-heiki-zeroigar-for-pc-fx-translated-by-fans-choshin-what/

Dear lord.

Tar and feather the bastard!

Seriously.

Wildfruit and soop, get to it!

For great justice.
  |    | 

elmer

« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2015, 05:31:23 AM »
http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2015/08/12/choshin-heiki-zeroigar-for-pc-fx-translated-by-fans-choshin-what/

Not exactly a thorough piece of research.  #-o

At least he links back to the site where he found out about the announcement, so you can see where he read about the translation's release ...

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/pc-fx-vertical-shmup-chshin-heiki-zeroigar-translated-into-english.html

elmer

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »
Hahaha, I wrote a comment on the Retro Gaming article's page, and Carl Williams was kind enough to post a reply and then actually edit the article to remove the bit about Zeroigar having jerky scrolling.

He left all the other misinformation intact; but I don't suspect that it would do any good to start an argument with him about it.  ](*,)

Aggie Tsubi

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
*shakes my head*

Well, it wouldn't be the PC-FX without gamers, even journalists, commenting on it and its games without having any actual firsthand experience.