Author Topic: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!  (Read 11686 times)

16bitgium

Re: ZEROIGAR RELEASE!
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 09:32:16 AM »
Just burned this to disc and finished the main game. Pretty fun! Thnaks for you guys hard and beautifull work.

elmer

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2015, 04:46:59 PM »
Just burned this to disc and finished the main game. Pretty fun! Thnaks for you guys hard and beautifull work.

Congratulations!  :)

Finishing the main game should have unlocked the Sakuraigar Mode for you; I'm curious to hear what you think of that.  :wink:

We're up to 570 downloads on RomHacking.net ... which sounds pretty good to me for a game that's on the PC-FX instead of the SNES.

I wonder if we'll get any new "converts" joining here?  :-k

Pcenginefx

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2015, 04:20:33 AM »
Thank you so much for your hard work on completing this project!  With NightWolve's help, I was able to finally burn a CD-R to play in my FX.  I've always loved the FX, but found it unfortunate that I could never fully enjoy the games due to not understanding Japanese.

On a side note, I plan on live streaming English Zeroigar on my newly formed Twitch channel whenever I get a few hours to spare :D http://www.twitch.tv/pcenginefx/profile/past_broadcasts
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2015, 05:01:53 AM »
Thank you so much for your hard work on completing this project!  With NightWolve's help, I was able to finally burn a CD-R to play in my FX.  I've always loved the FX, but found it unfortunate that I could never fully enjoy the games due to not understanding Japanese.

On a side note, I plan on live streaming English Zeroigar on my newly formed Twitch channel whenever I get a few hours to spare :D http://www.twitch.tv/pcenginefx/profile/past_broadcasts

Good to know!  I'll keep my eyes peeled and gave you a "follow"..  :)

filler

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »

Did you ever get around to checking out Pia Carrot?  :wink:

Dicer

« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »
I had put this on the backburner for a while, got the latest mednafen the proper bios (I was using an older one apparently) and after fiddling with gui and controller I am playing this...

Most excellent work :)

I only wish mednafen had some better options for scaling and smoothing and stuff, it's looking a bit chunky unless I scale it down...

I really need to land a PCFX one day...one day :(

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:48:47 AM by Dicer »

esteban

ZEROIGAR RELEASE!
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2015, 10:34:40 AM »
Not trying to spam, but since some folks won't be reading the "development" thread....

Share a pic of you LightScribe or slap a label on a CD-ROM. :)
  |    | 

elmer

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Not trying to spam, but since some folks won't be reading the "development" thread....

Share a pic of you LightScribe or slap a label on a CD-ROM. :)

Those are beautiful! Thank you!  :D

SamIAm

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2015, 02:25:23 AM »
The timing is right to share a couple more youtube videos with you all.

This is the first four stages of the translated game. That leaves three for you to uncover for yourself.

...and this is a preview of the unlockable Sakuraigar Mode. You'll find that the music, enemies, and of course the story have all been changed dramatically. It's quite a trip.

Enjoy!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
My PC-FX died.   It caint even discs anymore.  lol

God damnf*ckingf*ck.

Need to get on that.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

elmer

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »
My PC-FX died.   It caint even discs anymore.  lol

God damnf*ckingf*ck.

Need to get on that.

Now would be the perfect time to get that PC-FXGA working!  :wink:

I'll be interested to hear if you try SamIAm's "pot-twist" fix ... I've still not done that on mine, yet.

TailChao

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2015, 11:46:23 AM »
With all these failing lasers, have any of you tried to get the FX to boot off a modified BMP cartridge?
Some of the documentation out there indicates code can be run off these, might be a good long term solution.

elmer

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
With all these failing lasers, have any of you tried to get the FX to boot off a modified BMP cartridge?
Some of the documentation out there indicates code can be run off these, might be a good long term solution.

I certainly haven't ... since the PC-FXGA doesn't have a slot for the BMP cartridge, you'd need a working CD boot on the PC-FX in order to actually write a program to the BMP.

What I've started to wonder is whether we could just replace the CD mechanism with a SCSI drive, probably a CF-SCSI or an SD-SCSI. The PC-FX chips definitely seem to talk to the CD mechanism in SCSI format.

Here's the open-hardware/open-source SCSI2SD project ... http://imall.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html

If the correct signals come out of the PC-FX motherboard somewhere, then you'd just need to replace the SCSI2SD firmware with CD-emulation instead of HDD-emulation.

I guess that if it could work on the PC-FX, then it could possibly also work on the PCE.

TailChao

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2015, 12:34:19 PM »
I certainly haven't ... since the PC-FXGA doesn't have a slot for the BMP cartridge, you'd need a working CD boot on the PC-FX in order to actually write a program to the BMP.

What I've started to wonder is whether we could just replace the CD mechanism with a SCSI drive, probably a CF-SCSI or an SD-SCSI. The PC-FX chips definitely seem to talk to the CD mechanism in SCSI format.

Here's the open-hardware/open-source SCSI2SD project ... http://imall.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html

If the correct signals come out of the PC-FX motherboard somewhere, then you'd just need to replace the SCSI2SD firmware with CD-emulation instead of HDD-emulation.

I guess that if it could work on the PC-FX, then it could possibly also work on the PCE.

I was thinking more along the lines of a new distribution medium, just in the BMP form factor.

As for replacing the CD-ROM drive with a SCSI emulator, it depends on whether or not the PC-FX has custom commands. I'll have to look at the Mednafen source.
The PCE's CD-ROM certainly does, but they're documented. The drive itself is identical to some of NEC's SCSI CD-ROMs with different software on the controller chips anyway.

Djangoo2

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
I think it would be cool to see something like the GDEmu on the PC-FX.