Author Topic: DNWTB (Do not want to buy) fake Sapphire  (Read 1747 times)

esteban

Re: WTB fake Sapphire
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 03:13:54 AM »

lol love you guys but give a me a break will ya?

man i really regret not getting a real copy when it was around $100 sigh... i *wish* this post was meant to troll. lol

look at the asking prices (note asking) for a real copy i cant afford that. i just want to play the game without missing a car payment.

sure i could make a cdr but i guess i just want to go a step higher... soooo im gonna go for the fake one. and yeah i want the fake obi that came with it. if im gonna have to pay a decent chunk of change i might as well make sure i get the whole fake package. ive always heard its well made if anything.

and it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here. strange how no one is like "oh god ive been waiting sooo long for someone anyone willing to take this piece of fake crap" though ya know? jaja

Comrade.

That is all.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »
lol love you guys but give a me a break will ya?

man i really regret not getting a real copy when it was around $100 sigh... i *wish* this post was meant to troll. lol

look at the asking prices (note asking) for a real copy i cant afford that. i just want to play the game without missing a car payment.

sure i could make a cdr but i guess i just want to go a step higher... soooo im gonna go for the fake one. and yeah i want the fake obi that came with it. if im gonna have to pay a decent chunk of change i might as well make sure i get the whole fake package. ive always heard its well made if anything.

and it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here. strange how no one is like "oh god ive been waiting sooo long for someone anyone willing to take this piece of fake crap" though ya know? jaja

I bought both fake versions to document the differences and make guide to tell the fakes from the real deal. I'm not interested in releasing them to people who will flip them for the kind of money you are willing to pay.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 05:01:31 AM »
and it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here.

True, but an awful lot of members have just a loose disc from BMW (some with Sparky's inserts); the full boat version that you insist on having is much less common.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

VenomMacbeth

WTB fake Sapphire
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 05:31:14 AM »
I would hold out for a loosie, get my post count up & get some Sparky inserts. It'll look just as good and you're far more likely to find someone willing to part with the disc.
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

savageone

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 09:12:51 PM »
when i bought my arcade card it was primarily for the impressive snk ports, strider of course, and sapphire.

unfortunately i slowly acquired the other games first and the price for sapphire went bonkers...

i suppose i am offering a high price for the fake. ive been mostly lurking on various forums (ng, dp, pcfx, sega16, nesworld, dlord, other places long since shut down, etc etc) for over 15 years now, i dont think anyone is gonna jump to give someone who is not well known a great deal or anything so thats why im offering that much. im not really trying to be supportive of the constant jacking that has plagued many communities for the last 7-10 years per se, it is just what i feel a little old lurker like me is probably gonna have to pay. if i create an ad i want to give myself a good chance of actually getting what i want. i guess that is the price of preferring to read and not getting too involved in the drama :cry:

any ways i am not familiar with a sapphire disc made by bmw? is it a cdr? ill definitely try to search and see what i find on that so I can see if that would suit me.

this is carrying on though isnt it... if anyone wants to give a fair deal im all for that O:) maybe someone will see this and understand where i stand and toss me the fake at a good price, who knows?

esteban

WTB fake Sapphire
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2015, 12:50:24 AM »
when i bought my arcade card it was primarily for the impressive snk ports, strider of course, and sapphire.

unfortunately i slowly acquired the other games first and the price for sapphire went bonkers...

i suppose i am offering a high price for the fake. ive been mostly lurking on various forums (ng, dp, pcfx, sega16, nesworld, dlord, other places long since shut down, etc etc) for over 15 years now, i dont think anyone is gonna jump to give someone who is not well known a great deal or anything so thats why im offering that much. im not really trying to be supportive of the constant jacking that has plagued many communities for the last 7-10 years per se, it is just what i feel a little old lurker like me is probably gonna have to pay. if i create an ad i want to give myself a good chance of actually getting what i want. i guess that is the price of preferring to read and not getting too involved in the drama :cry:

any ways i am not familiar with a sapphire disc made by bmw? is it a cdr? ill definitely try to search and see what i find on that so I can see if that would suit me.

this is carrying on though isnt it... if anyone wants to give a fair deal im all for that O:) maybe someone will see this and understand where i stand and toss me the fake at a good price, who knows?

I think that, unfortunately, you are in a no-win situation.

Or, perhaps, it can be improved, but currently you have managed to annoy everyone.

I don't intend to make you feel bad, but if you think about it, there were much safer ways for you to:
(1) remind us who you are
(2) show us that you can participate in discussions
(3) read some of the recent threads so you don't KICK A HORNET'S NEST by posting a  "WTB bootleg Sapphire" after a hiatus of ___years. :)
(4) Who are you?
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2015, 03:20:09 AM »

They were made by Tobias and are real pressed discs; the labels are a bit off, but they're functionally identical to his complete versions.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

BlueBMW

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2015, 05:33:58 AM »
Story behind the discs I handed out (two three years ago now?)

Tobias was selling the bootlegs on his site.  This was before all the new drama (but after the sapphire drama)  I had emailed him asking about maybe doing a group buy deal on the sapphire bootlegs since there was a lot of interest in the game and people wanted to get it.  He came back with an offer to sell me his extra loose discs that had misprinted labels.  I bought 500 discs from him for I think $242 shipped if I remember right.  They were loose pressed discs wrapped in plastic.  (I've got a pic somewhere)  They had incorrect coloring on the label as they were kind of a purple and cyan instead of a black / blue or whatever.  But they worked in original hardware just fine.  As such I gave them away to whoever wanted them.  I traded one sealed spindle of 100 discs to a friend who was into wierd historical game stuff like that.

So there should be 300 - 400 loose copies floating around these forums somewhere hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

GohanX

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
I'm still going to give you a big sloppy kiss for that someday. In the most heterosexual way possible, of course.

savageone

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »

Or, perhaps, it can be improved, but currently you have managed to annoy everyone.

I don't intend to make you feel bad, but if you think about it, there were much safer ways for you to:
(3) read some of the recent threads so you don't KICK A HORNET'S NEST by posting a  "WTB bootleg Sapphire" after a hiatus of ___years. :)
(4) Who are you?

well i did not think i was being annoying or anything, im gonna assume it is probably just my writing style coming off the wrong way if that is the case. i tend to write too damn much which probably makes it worse. lol i thought i was doing a fair job explaining anything that was questioned. the thread seems more calm now to me. i really hope that is not because i annoyed everyone away. lol

you did hit the nail on the head that while ive been around a long time im totally out of the loop for the recent years. there is actually a reason for this though, its one of those great medical things that like to kick you in the ass when you least expect. i doubt anyone here cares to hear my boohoo story though, it has made it soooo extremely difficult to keep up with the daily news let alone the current state of opinion on fake sapphire over at pcfx.

i thought it was okay to want to buy this game even if it has some drama surrounding it, its a bit unfair to be grilled over simply wanting to buy a game in my opinion, but ive tried to explain anything that was questioned without stepping on toes. if i rubbed anyone the wrong way when trying to explain why i want this game and such then i truly do apologize. that was not my intention what so ever.

ive never had any problems with trying to buy a game through any forum, really unexpected. :-s

esteban

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »

(4) Who are you?

well i did not think i was being annoying or anything, im gonna assume it is probably just my writing style coming off the wrong way if that is the case. i tend to write too damn much which probably makes it worse. lol i thought i was doing a fair job explaining anything that was questioned. the thread seems more calm now to me. i really hope that is not because i annoyed everyone away. lol

you did hit the nail on the head that while ive been around a long time im totally out of the loop for the recent years. there is actually a reason for this though, its one of those great medical things that like to kick you in the ass when you least expect. i doubt anyone here cares to hear my boohoo story though, it has made it soooo extremely difficult to keep up with the daily news let alone the current state of opinion on fake sapphire over at pcfx.

i thought it was okay to want to buy this game even if it has some drama surrounding it, its a bit unfair to be grilled over simply wanting to buy a game in my opinion, but ive tried to explain anything that was questioned without stepping on toes. if i rubbed anyone the wrong way when trying to explain why i want this game and such then i truly do apologize. that was not my intention what so ever.

ive never had any problems with trying to buy a game through any forum, really unexpected. :-s

Comrade, don't worry about the past. I have gone MIA for 6 months to years at a time.

Nobody is offended if you go MIA for 8 years.

The key thing is to rebuild relationship with current members.

I bet 95% of the folks who were in your "cohort" have disappeared a long, long time ago :)

Also, if you didn't know (but you should know), so-called "reproductions" (bootlegs) have been a particularly heated topic lately.

I thought you might be trolling, in fact, because we had been discussing the Sapphire bootleg in particular, and the interesting gentleman behind the bootleg (Tobias)...

Don't worry, you will be fine.

|    | 

LMS

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare BlueBMW misprints. I'll have to climb up into a crawl space to double check but assuming they're still there, I'm more than happy to pass them on for the price of shipping if folks are in need. I'm UK based.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2015, 02:35:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare BlueBMW misprints. I'll have to climb up into a crawl space to double check but assuming they're still there, I'm more than happy to pass them on for the price of shipping if folks are in need. I'm UK based.

Please keep me in mind.

jtucci31

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »

Me too :)

savageone

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »

It is definitely of interest to me. If I'd known it existed before starting this thread I'd just as well tried seeking it out.

Definitely let me know what you find, it'd be a great help.

Regards

Small hoard of bmw discs in some mysterious crawl space. hah funny thought