Author Topic: Help With Pots Adjustments  (Read 296 times)

780racer

Help With Pots Adjustments
« on: August 29, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »
So I have royally f***ed up my POTS in attempt to make my Duo read discs correctly.

I adjusted 102 and 104 as my disc was not spinning all the time, then accedently adjusted 105 in error when trying to get the disc to spin.

Long story short.....

My pots is all f*cked up.

I currently can get the disc to spin every time I hit run, but no amount of adjusting 101 will allow me to read the disc now. as it wont read discs. I have started trying to adjust all of them.....

Anyways im really stupid, and super frustrated as I'm on hour 4 of trying to get this damn thing to work.

The disc spins and the duo is attempting to read the disc and the laser dances around but will not read the disc... Its so frustrating.

I read the Adjusting Duo laser and i CANNOT get 101 to read my disc now. 102 and 104 are right as it does spin, and I cant get past 101 to adjust 103 and 105 as it wont actually read the dang cd.

I'm really crying out for help...

Edit: The Duo has had all caps replaced and the laser as well.

~Ryan
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 06:30:04 PM by 780racer »
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

780racer

Re: Help With Pots Adjustments
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »
Update. TheSteve is such a awesome guy, I could never sing his praises enough. I was able to get it back up and working better than ever with his help!
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

pnauts

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
Yes, such guys are jewels to the community.

choijimmy

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 12:10:35 PM »
Yes, such guys are jewels to the community.

yes, he points me to the right track for fixing two laseractive power supply boards which I thought is not fixable. He rocks

780racer

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »
I would have his babies if I were a female and what not.

Seriously though, Super awesome guy and such a saving grace to a possibly horrible weekend!

thesteve

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
i prefer to walk you through things, so your not without your systems and nobody needs to ship things