Author Topic: ><  (Read 477 times)

Shiver

><
« on: December 14, 2001, 10:39:00 AM »
so i recently aquired a Turbo Duo from tzd.com, and it didn't come with an instruction manual (nor two of the controllers i also ordered, but i'm not focusing on that part right now).  so i hook this bad boy up and the CD-Rom isn't working.  the disc isn't spinning or anything.  am i missing something here?  should there be something i need to do specifically to activate the CD?  do i need to enter a cheat code?  up up down down left right left right B A?  or am i just sitting here in denial of a broken unit?

Brasilpce

Re: ><
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
Hi, there.

Well, did you receive any System Card? Without it, you won't be able to play CD-games at all.

Shiver

i withdraw my question
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 12:18:00 AM »
cause i'm an idiot.  i figured out how to get it working, but oddly enough no, i don't have a system card.  or maybe i do, what's it suppost to look like?  in either case it's working now.  now all i gotta do is find out where my two other controllers went.  i guess i'll wait, perhaps they're still being shipped to me.

trudesire

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2001, 07:04:00 AM »
The Turbo Duo has the System Card 3.0 built into it.  The ONLY games you will not be able to play ae the Arcade CDRom games.  Other than that, you will have the ability to play every other game!

Brasilpce

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2001, 06:06:00 AM »
Hi, Trû.

In fact, I've made a terrible mistake here, since I missed the word DUO after the Turbo. So, Shiver, Trû is correct... As he'd mentioned, you can play pretty much every PCE-CD game released, except Arcade Card games.

trudesire

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
Hey Brasilpce.. long time no see... would still love to fdo a trade with you! email me... jweaver1@charter.net

Brasilpce

Tradings
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
Hi, Trû!

I've just sent you an e-mail!  

burncrash

No sweat dood...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2001, 08:39:00 PM »
Dear Shiver, your probem is likely simple and I'm sure you have figured it out by now, but once you have the CD in the system and the cd lock button is engaged then you also need to flip the hu-card power switch on to get it to power up. That is the little switch on the front that also acts as a lock for the hu-card when it is in place, it needs to be on wether you are using a CD-rom or a hu-card.  I'm sure this is probably your problem based on what you've said. If you see orange on the front of your duo you are in busniess...