Author Topic: hyakushiki's Phantasy Star port/thing for PCE.  (Read 251 times)

Bonknuts

hyakushiki's Phantasy Star port/thing for PCE.
« on: October 24, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »
Seems like he's still working on it http://www.hyakushiki.net/consoles.htm
The latest update is this year. Has anyone played through any of these builds?

MNKyDeth

Re: hyakushiki's Phantasy Star port/thing for PCE.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 04:06:18 PM »
What the!!! OMG

I had no idea about this. Phantasy Star 1-4 are some of my fav games ever. Having any of those playable on this console would be amazing. I actually just got done fixing up my Genesis mostly for these specific games.

I have not played or tested these on the Duo, I need an everdrive to play them on actual hardware I would think. That place is soooo bookmarked.

Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 04:24:25 PM »
This is very, very interesting.  Phantasy Star is one of my favorite series.  Thanks for sharing this.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
Downloaded the demo, but only seem to be able to access a sound mode.  This looks like it's the same old Phantasy Star demo that's been around for ages with exception to the title screen.  I'd like to at least see a video of the game.  I'm excited to see he's still working on this!

Found this video from 2009

Edit-Ok, I'm an idiot, I was able to II to start the actual game!  Not too shabby so far!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:58:32 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

blueraven

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
This sounds great! Phantasy Star 4 was one of those games that I was inches away from playing for a good number of years, and have never had the chance to play the others with the exception of a weekend with PS2 on the SMS? (my memory on this one is fuzzy). A PCE port is the perfect idea.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol