Author Topic: Question about Magic Engine  (Read 284 times)

HappyFunBallClan

Question about Magic Engine
« on: January 08, 2002, 11:36:00 PM »
Do games such as Dracula X, Strider, etc work on the MagicEngine?  I am Running WinXP.  I have read that previous versions before the current beta didn't have CD Rom support.  Can anyone confirm that this has been corrected and the CD games will run?  Thanks!

trudesire

Re: Question about Magic Engine
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
I do not know about Windowsd XP, but I can tell you that Magic Engine (ME) does play CD games.

You will need to open the .ini file that comes with ME, and you will need to specify where your CD Rom Drive is located.

There are only a handful of Games that do NOT work on ME, but a lot is dependant upon your CD Reader used to read the discs.

For more information on ME compatability, please visit my site located here: www.fotozplus.com/tru.html

once there, go to the message board, and you will see a forum that is called "Magic Engine Compatability"

Click there, and you will be able to find out about quite a few games.

GigaShadow

New name
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2002, 04:39:00 AM »
Thanks for the info tru.   I don't think there will be a prob since XP is really doing well for me.  

Anyway, I took the big plunge today and ordered a Duo!  Should be here on Friday.  I wish I had never sold my collection!  Doh!!!!