Author Topic: Battletoads arcade cabinet.  (Read 894 times)

780racer

Re: Battletoads arcade cabinet.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 05:31:14 AM »
So I ended up finding nothing short of a great deal on a few more cabs near me that I rescued from being destroyed.

Ill post teh pics if people are interested, lol.

But have a Temptest Cab that was converted to SF2, a Raiden cabinet, the Battle toads one, and a Mame cab that was converted from a rampage cabinet.
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

bartre

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 01:43:05 PM »
So I ended up finding nothing short of a great deal on a few more cabs near me that I rescued from being destroyed.

Ill post teh pics if people are interested, lol.

But have a Temptest Cab that was converted to SF2, a Raiden cabinet, the Battle toads one, and a Mame cab that was converted from a rampage cabinet.
please do.

esadajr

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 12:50:38 AM »
same here, please post teh pics
Gaming since 1985

780racer

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 05:45:06 AM »
Ask and Ye shall receive.

Just finished the MAME cabinet last night. Have a bit more to do but its 99% done. (P2 yellow buttons were not sent in the order I made. They are en route though.)

The SF2 cab I am making a new Control pad as the one that it had was garbage. But here they are!

They were sweet pick ups. Got the Rampage cabinet for free from a guy. it was gutted, but perfect for a mame cabinet.

Raiden and SF2 were 100 bucks for the pair. They needed some work on the screens, and new buttons.
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

bartre

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 10:27:30 PM »
those all look like pretty decent uses of the cabinets.
tbh, the rampage cab is awful, Tempest probably was unfixable, and the other two look to be generic (but i could be wrong about battletoads.)

all in all sweet score dude!

remember, a little preventative maintenance with the monitors goes a loooooooooooooooong way.

780racer

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2016, 01:40:19 PM »
The battletoads was once a Frogger cabinet. So it has always been a frog/toad cabinet, haha.

The Rampage cabinet was in horrible shape. I got it for free99 as it had been converted to a big buck hunter cab and  was just in bad shape.

The Raiden cab has always been a Raiden, and I got to meet the guy who built it at the local shop near me.

And the SF2/tempest cab.... Well, that one I have no Freaking idea what happened with that one, haha.

Cool side note (Because I am too cheap to pay what my friend did), Just helped him score a Playchoice 10.

bartre

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 08:57:16 PM »
ew, f*ck the nintendo cabs.

...except maybe the red tents, those are kinda neat.

johnnykonami

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 01:27:41 AM »

I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong nut (Well, maybe Donkey Kong 3 since it's like a shooter), but those are really classic looking cabs in my mind.  Very distinct!

780racer

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
Yeah, I don't like that its really just a NES game in a cabinet personally... But he loves "old" Nintendo stuff, so he loves his cabinet.

I personally think mine are better in every way, including the MAME machine. But he is really proud of his PC10.

bartre

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »

I'm not the biggest Donkey Kong nut (Well, maybe Donkey Kong 3 since it's like a shooter), but those are really classic looking cabs in my mind.  Very distinct!
the look is fine, but i just hate fixing them.

johnnykonami

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:07:42 PM »

the look is fine, but i just hate fixing them.

Ah, I get you now.  I don't have any experience in that regard, but I'll take your word for it! :)