Author Topic: Battletoads arcade cabinet.  (Read 892 times)

780racer

Battletoads arcade cabinet.
« on: December 09, 2015, 08:06:00 AM »
So I have some SNES games I have gotten through garage sales over the past few years, that I just have 0 interest in playing, and wanted to clear space for something else. So I posted them up locally in a group in MN....

Stanley cup
The jungle book
Tetris 2
Waynes world
Mario part
Space invaders
The ignition factor
Cool spot
Ceasers palace
Clay fighter
Super ninja boy
Batman forever
Warlock
Pac attack
Battletoads in battlemania
Gradius 3
Demolition man
Super mario all stars
Robocop vs terminator
Killer instinct

Had someone contact me who has a Battletoads cabinet that is not "Perfect" but is working, and has everything "complete"

I know that These were more kits sold by rare, and This one has had its screen replaced with a Pacman screen. ( Have to go look at the burn in when I go to look/pick it up).

I have not seen the boards in the cabinet, but can confirm it does turn on and work, with the original marquee.

Other than water damage, and a "Too modern" of a board/HDD (Aka Bootleg) what should I keep my eyes out for?

Thanks a ton guys, just figured I would ask as I trust everybody here a lot more than most people.....

.... for better or worse, haha

~Ryan
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Battletoads arcade cabinet.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 08:10:11 AM »
Let it run for a bit and make sure the monitor runs stable and you dont hear any high pitched whine noise.

780racer

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 08:24:16 AM »
Let it run for a bit and make sure the monitor runs stable and you dont hear any high pitched whine noise.

Awesome. I can totally do that.

He says one of the two buttons for player one is "sticky".  Ill have to check it, but It may just need to be cleaned. Apparently the cabinet needs a little cleaning.
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 09:45:09 AM »
Cool machine if it works!!!  I didn't even know they existed.  Go get it if it makes you happy.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

780racer

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 09:57:49 AM »
Cool machine if it works!!!  I didn't even know they existed.  Go get it if it makes you happy.

I mean... Its battletoads.

I would love to get a cool NEC Shump cabinet. But this is a good first step towards that, haha

bartre

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »
you're treading on dangerous ground here.
you might end up with an account on neo-geo.com at this rate.

780racer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 05:31:46 AM »
you're treading on dangerous ground here.
you might end up with an account on neo-geo.com at this rate.

I have 0 interest in buying a "Neo-Geo" Cabinet. They are way too expensive. Ill build a M.A.M.E if I want another arcade cabinet. Just thought the battletoads cabinet was cool.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »
I don't see how a Neo cab would be more expensive than...anything, except this POS of course. The Big Reds are about as cheap and common as any machine out there and most MVS games cost less than almost any board.

It's also a lot more fun than Battltoads. I mean...that's a pretty specific use of a large amount of space. If I was going to have one standup it would be something a lot more universally useful than an impossibly hard, brand-free Turtles ripoff.

Granted, this wouldn't cost you anything except for some SNES games you already have, but you'll still have to make room for the thing, haul it to your house, and constantly repair it (because anyone that puts a used Pac Man screen in is going to have other issues left unsorted).

bartre

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2015, 12:57:07 PM »
I don't see how a Neo cab would be more expensive than...anything, except this POS of course. The Big Reds are about as cheap and common as any machine out there and most MVS games cost less than almost any board.

It's also a lot more fun than Battltoads. I mean...that's a pretty specific use of a large amount of space. If I was going to have one standup it would be something a lot more universally useful than an impossibly hard, brand-free Turtles ripoff.

Granted, this wouldn't cost you anything except for some SNES games you already have, but you'll still have to make room for the thing, haul it to your house, and constantly repair it (because anyone that puts a used Pac Man screen in is going to have other issues left unsorted).

^^ right on all counts.
on more than one occasion i've ended up being offered neo cabs for the price of "get it the hell out of here"

this is why i love candy cabs.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 02:14:32 PM »
I love candy cabs because they don't rot like shitty American machines made of MDF.

bartre

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 08:46:24 PM »
and they're not heavy.
and not as prone to random BS damage.
and look nicer.
and many of them can have the monitors (debatably) easily rotated.
and use higher quality parts.
and have more versatile functionality in general.
and (ones in the US already) have been better taken care of.
and are generally easier to fix.

seriously, since i started fixing more machines, i've started to hate most of them.

f*ck NFL Blitz.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 03:06:25 AM »
I almost forgot about this game. Haven't played it in years since the days of Games People Play in Portland Oregon. I would suggest getting a Supergun and just play it that route if space is an issue.

780racer

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »
you'll still have to make room for the thing, haul it to your house, and constantly repair it (because anyone that puts a used Pac Man screen in is going to have other issues left unsorted).

You are correct. But It should be fun to tinker with. I do car stuff in the (Warm) Months. So this will keep my handy side in check.

Also the arcade version is the 5th game, and is not, I'm sure the one you are thinking of, since it was not ported to any console system. Its actually "Beatable" and argued to be best. However, this is a good starter cabinet. Since its not going to cost me anything minus upkeep. Plus beat'em ups and Shumps are the best cabinets I feel....

esadajr

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 07:50:50 AM »
Beatable it is indeed, lol. Go for it man, something tells me the most fun part will be tinkering with it
Gaming since 1985

synbiosfan

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »
and they're not heavy.
and not as prone to random BS damage.
and look nicer.
and many of them can have the monitors (debatably) easily rotated.
and use higher quality parts.
and have more versatile functionality in general.
and (ones in the US already) have been better taken care of.
and are generally easier to fix.

seriously, since i started fixing more machines, i've started to hate most of them.

f*ck NFL Blitz.

I remember the love you had for the Die Hard Arcade Titan cab I bought :)

I'm pretty sure it was you???

I've had no issues so far. Other than taking it apart to bring it in. I still need to change it from dual mono to stereo.

@780racer I'd grab it especially if it's your first cab. So fun to tinker with.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:04:41 AM by synbiosfan »