Author Topic: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita  (Read 11113 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
I have no idea what location this game takes place in, I don't recall a nation called Dana or Lacrimosa.....

http://www.falcom.com/ys8/

MNKyDeth

Re: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »
It better be coming to the US.

SephirothTNH

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 01:57:06 AM »
Anyone who has sung Latin befor may recognize lacrimosa as "weeping". Not sure if that's what falcom is going for though. The weeping of Dana.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 02:12:39 AM »
Sexy Ys!

It better be coming to the US.

+1.  And hopefully none of that download only bullshit that xseed's been doing lately.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 04:06:04 AM »
I hope it comes over as well.  I can't imagine XSEED doing digital only on this, Ys is probably one of their flagship series in the US and they know the huge demand for a cool LE. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 06:22:49 PM »
There's a little more info here:
The 8th game in the franchise will have Adol exploring Siren's Island. The game will include a large number of new features, as well as expanding on features from Ys: Memories of Celceta such as the village defense minigame. As if the action in Ys games wasn't fast enough, Nihon Falcom has promised even faster action with the ability to freely dash and jump with a variety of new attack skills. You can check out the official website here, and you can check out the first screenshots in our gallery below.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2015/4212.html

esteban

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:37 AM »
I'm disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be Falcom's transition into Sexxxy Ys Pachinko Industry.
  |    | 

geise

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
I'm disappointed. I was hoping this was going to be Falcom's transition into Sexxxy Ys Pachinko Industry.
You and me both!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »
This sucks. Needs to be MOBILE ONLY! Dropped the ball once again giving us a console version. Who the hell wants to play on a game console? So lame. Phones are the future.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:09:53 PM »
And more info:

Falcom shared some of the latest details on their recently announced title, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation. [Thanks, Hokanko-Alt.]

Prologue:

By the archipelagos of the Goethe Sea located in south of Greek, Adol is on a passenger ship called “The Lombardia” that is headed from Xandria to the continent of Eresia. However, the ship is attacked and sunk by a giant creature, and Adol wakes up, he realizes he is on the shores of the cursed island, known as “Seiren Island.”

From here, Adol will help out other castaways and survivors. He’ll build a base here, and also see a mysterious pale girl in his dreams.

The report also mentions that Adol’s illustration appears to be different, as it appears to not have been done by the illustrator, but the key visual’s artist instead.

President Toshihiro Kondo added a few comments as well:

•The adventurer Adol is the protagonist, and they’re aiming to make Ys VIII into a refreshing action RPG as they’ve done so with titles in the past.

•In addition to speedy and party-based battles with various skill attacks, there will be new jump attacks, systems that will have you cooperate with castaways, and other new elements.

•The topography, scenery, and atmosphere of the stage of Siren Island is getting more focus on it than any other setting Falcom has done in the past.

•New characters and settings will be revealed after New Year.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/21/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-gets-some-details-on-its-story-and-new-elements/

geise

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:48:31 AM »
I have a Vita,but I really want a next gen experience with a new Ys.  I don't think I'll get that with a Vita version.  Are the screens from the PS4?  If so they look nice, but I'm kind of expecting from if it's for the PS4.  Regardless I am sure the game play is going to be rock solid, plus it's a new story and area.  I liked Celceta on the Vita, but felt it was lacking compared to Ys 7.  I am selfish and want that feeling of amazement that I got with Ys Book I & II on the TGCD and then Ys VI (PC). 

How does everyone else feel that this is keeping the formula of a party/group still rather than just Adol?

I anxiously await the new characters and new scenery.

technozombie

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 12:49:17 PM »
Japanese game developers have experienced a lot of success bringing their games to Steam. It is my hope that Falcom will port this game to PS4/Steam themselves and bypass Xseed. Either way, I'd say it's guaranteed to come out here.

SegaSonic91

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 03:09:33 PM »
I hated the three party aspect of VII when I first saw it (and the fact that it was not on the PS3!), but goddamn did I love that game!  It worked so well, far better than I imagined.  Same goes for Celceta.  I cannot wait for VIII to come out in the PS4.  2016 is going to be crazy for games, it's like I've gone back in time 15 years when JP devs ruled everything.  I love this resurgence of Japanese console development! 

grolt

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 01:57:17 AM »
The Ys PSP games are among my favorite of all time. The Oath in Felghana was so so dramatically well done and then such an epic single player journey it felt like the culmination of the decades of Falcon blooming in one game. The party battle in Seven wasn't as good but if definitely grew on me - I sunk dozens of hours into that game. Always wanted to play Celcetta but it is tough to justify buying that console when that's pretty much the only game on it that I'd play. I'm still hoping for a Steam version some time along the line. Very excited for this one though, it would be great to finally play an Ya game on a console proper again. I only have an Xbone this console generation but I'd definitely get a PS4 if this makes it out stateside.  Falcom4Lyfe
I'm a notorious strange man.

Gypsy

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 09:56:20 AM »
I just beat Oath in Felghana recently and it was great.

Apparently MoC has had a PC release (in Chinese). Honestly, it should be on Steam eventually. I find it hard to believe they don't want those sales. Heck more and more Japanese stuff in general is hitting PC.

Anyway, very much looking forward to this game.