Author Topic: Your top 5  (Read 852 times)

Otaking

Re: Your top 5
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 09:42:37 AM »
1. Ultrabox
2. Ultrabox 2
3. Ultrabox 3
4. Ultrabox 4
5. Ultrabox 5

EmperorIng

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 10:05:47 AM »
Not one of the Karaoke CD Vol.s? For shame.

esteban

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 10:06:20 AM »
Top 5

Wonderboy III : Monster World (best 2-player co-op)

Timeball (best puzzle + rolling ball extravaganza)

Somer Assault (best puzzle + aggressive slinky fiasco)

Valis II (best soundtrack + atmosphere + cinema + mediocre platforming)

Hero Tonma (closest thing to Karnov on TG-16)
  |    | 

poponon

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »
Very strange choices...

Not when you view them in the context of this being the umpteenth thread asking for everyone's favorites.  I could parrot the typical best-of list and say Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Ys, Beyond Shadowgate, Dungeon Explorer 2, Legend of Xanadu, Bonk, etc., but what's the point?  Other's will mention 'em anyway, and people need to branch out and try something different, even if it's not an flawless A+ title.

I got the implication that this is what OP was asking for - what we thought was the best on the system. I'd give some very different answers if it was personal favorites. I think there is a point in highlighting the best the console has to offer though especially if they are new to the library. Gives a good starting point - see which games get mentioned the most and start with those.

I think for personal favorites I'd have to go with:

Genji Tsuushin Agedema
Bazaru de Gozaru
Mad Stalker Full Metal Force
Kaze Kiri
Horror Story

some runners-up: Cho aniki, Mizubaku Daibouken , Kabuki Ittou Ryoudan

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »
Falcon
Gunboat
Keith Courage
China Warrior
Impossimole

Otaking

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:33 AM »
Actually my top 5 is

1. Winds of Thunder
2. Lords of Thuner
3. WOT
4. LOT
5. I can't remember the name but it's this "hori shmup" where you play as a flying knight and you can pick from four different armour types Earth, Fire, Wind and Water. During the game you collect crystals to be used as money to buy various upgrades from a shop at the beginning of each level. The name escapes me but I think Thunder is in the name somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:47:09 AM by Otaking »

poponon

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 06:02:20 AM »

5. I can't remember the name but it's this "hori shmup" where you play as a flying knight and you can pick from four different armour types Earth, Fire, Wind and Water. During the game you collect crystals to be used as money to buy various upgrades from a shop at the beginning of each level. The name escapes me but I think Thunder is in the name somewhere.

toilet kids?

bob

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 06:28:48 AM »
Actually my top 5 is

1. Winds of Thunder
2. Lords of Thuner
3. WOT
4. LOT

if you ever have to sell your copy, will you actually describe it as "covered in semen"?
you probably should mention that.

schweaty

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
here's the crap that never goes out of rotation at my place:  new adventure island, bonk's adventure, blazing lazers, air zonk

they be calling me like crack call pookie