Author Topic: Unreleased Tengen PC Engine games.  (Read 4337 times)

TheClash603

Re: Unreleased Tengen PC Engine games.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
I own copies of Marble Madness for about 10 systems and I love the game.  The other games are all great to see, but I would love love love to play Marble Madness!

esteban

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:42 AM »
I own copies of Marble Madness for about 10 systems and I love the game.  The other games are all great to see, but I would love love love to play Marble Madness!

Yup.

If I had room for a cab, I'd want a trackball with Centipede, Marble Madness, etc. etc.

:)
  |    | 

sunteam_paul

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2016, 07:26:39 AM »
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Koa Zo

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
That April Fools SuperGraphx proto thread reminded me of Marble Madness, so I got to searching and found this thread.
Hot damn! Popils and Peter Pack Rat too! What an unfortunate shame that Tengen couldn't get these to market.

"Off the Wall", I'd never even known of as an arcade game. It looks like a worthy multiplayer take on the tried and true block & paddle tradition. The music is particularly good, what great fitting compositions for the PC-Engine!

That Tengen crew were doing some eternally respectable arcade translations. Their Mega Drive output is a highlight of that platform's library. Come to think of it, iirc there is a Popils sidebar, interview maybe, in the back of the Road Blasters manual. I'd wondered if a Popils port was intended for the Mega Drive, what a surprise to now see that there was indeed a port in the works for PC-Engine. Now doing some other searching on the internet I see that Off the Wall was also in the works for Game Gear

It's almost haunting knowing these PC-Engine Atari arcade ports were so lovingly crafted and so far along and have yet to be played by the fans.

fragmare

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 05:50:12 AM »
Marble Madness looks amazing on the PCE.  Peter Pack Rat has some really nice sprite animation!  Looks like it had promise.  The others... eh... kinda glad they didn't see the light of day.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 05:26:54 PM »
Marble Madness looks amazing on the PCE.  Peter Pack Rat has some really nice sprite animation!  Looks like it had promise.  The others... eh... kinda glad they didn't see the light of day.

I think Off the Wall looks good.  Popils I think would be much better with enhanced gfx, as those gfx are pretty basic.

seieienbu

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 06:02:15 PM »
I just watched the marble madness video.  That game was very far along; I'm curious as to why it wasn't finished and released.  Does anyone know anything more about that?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 04:04:20 PM »
I just watched the marble madness video.  That game was very far along; I'm curious as to why it wasn't finished and released.  Does anyone know anything more about that?

My guess: KLAX didn't sell well on TG-16...

Tengen's Battle with Nintendo

???

|    | 

ccovell

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
TENGEN of Japan abandoned a lot of their projects suddenly in the early '90s.  GDRI just updated their page on the company, so it's worth having a look: http://gdri.smspower.org/wiki/index.php/Tengen_(Japan)

Perhaps it has something to do with their purchase by Time Warner in 1994 (and they were shut down 3 years later.)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 09:04:16 PM »
I'm still curious about Pit Fighter.  Supposedly there were Hu & CD versions.  Also, it'd be nice, if we ever get access to these games, if we also got source code incase anybody ever wanted to finish them.

SuperPlay

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 12:47:15 AM »
A couple of scans I did a while ago (From my links thread) that you may have not seen

Off the wall - Marukatsu 93 Vol 01: https://tinyurl.com/mcyo4b5

Marble Madness - Marukatsu 93 Vol 01: https://tinyurl.com/mqqy45r

esteban

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »
I'm so glad this thread was revived. I had forgotten about these videos...seriously.

|    | 

Digi.k

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2017, 05:00:14 AM »
O___o

Who's the lucky owner ?

http://www.savejapan.com/shop/

esteban

Unreleased Tengen PC Engine games.
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2017, 05:11:40 AM »
O___o

Who's the lucky owner ?

http://www.savejapan.com/shop/

I'm so gullible right now, I want to believe that the site isn't a joke.

Also, I would have contributed for any/all of these if the seller was trusted.

But...it's not like I have too much expendable $$$.

Damn kids and the food they need to eat.

NOTE TO SELF: Three kids are three too many. Three prototypes are one too short.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:13:20 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2017, 05:30:32 AM »
"This shop is only for demo purpose."

Ya damn tease!  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles