Author Topic: PC-FX systems for sale  (Read 2813 times)

SamIAm

PC-FX systems for sale
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
It's time to get some crap out of my house.

I have five PC-FX systems that I bought "broken" and fixed by increasing the power of the lasers via a tiny turn of one potentiometer. Each one has performed without error during half-hour tests, and I'll test each one again before I send anything out.

Obviously, this isn't as good as having a system that works with the original setting. There is also the fact that each system comes alone and, aside from one of them, all have yellowed to varying degrees. That's why I'm going to price them low: $20.

The dingiest looking one on the left with the memory-card door broken off, I'll let you have for $15.

The pretty one, I will combine with the box/manuals for my own system and offer for $40. Note that this still comes without a controller.

If you would like a controller, I might be able to source you a brand-new one. The supply looks limited, and it will have to be shipped to me first, but you can have it for $20 total. Please understand that this is the only source I'm willing to go through to provide a controller.

The system weighs 2.9 kilograms according to the spec sheet, so shipping from Japan to the US via EMS will probably be 8000 yen. That lets us go up to 4.5 kilograms, which we'll want for packaging. If you want a controller or the pretty one with the box, let's go with 8700 yen just to be safe (that allows 5.0 kilograms). Economy air mail looks like it will be around 6500 yen. Surface mail (2-3 months) is about 4000 yen.

Shipping might be slightly stalled while I search for suitable packaging from free sources. If you would like me to hurry, consider adding $2 so I can just buy a box at the post office. Padding will be newspaper; if you want something more fancy, that's fine, but it might incur its own fee.

If it sounds like I'm being stingy, just remember that my profit margin on this is next to nothing, and I could go in the red very easily if I get hit for a couple of dollars on each system.

I'll ship to any country, as long as you pay the cost.

If you're interested, let me know via PM. Thank you!

NightWolve

Re: PC-FX systems for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:57:12 PM »
Great prices for anyone interested, although the shipping from Japan will ruin it! Good looking out!

SamIAm

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
Here is the box that you can get with the pretty one.

jtucci31

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:40:18 PM »
Time for me to get a PCFX now too. Sweet! Can't go wrong with them being so cheap, even if it turns into a Zeroigar box  :mrgreen:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 02:42:24 AM »
Kudos to Sam for sharing the PC-FX wealth for cheaps.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 02:49:23 AM »
very nice deal for all those kids that want to try out a PC-FX but don't want to break the bank!!  +3 Turbob Karma Sutra Sam!!

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Killer price on these units, good luck on the sale man!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SamIAm

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
The pretty one, the beat-up one, and one "normal" one have been inquired about. That leaves two!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 04:27:14 AM »
It's time to get some crap out of my house.

I have five PC-FX systems that I bought "broken" and fixed by increasing the power of the lasers via a tiny turn of one potentiometer. Each one has performed without error during half-hour tests, and I'll test each one again before I send anything out.

Obviously, this isn't as good as having a system that works with the original setting. There is also the fact that each system comes alone and, aside from one of them, all have yellowed to varying degrees. That's why I'm going to price them low: $20.

The dingiest looking one on the left with the memory-card door broken off, I'll let you have for $15.

The pretty one, I will combine with the box/manuals for my own system and offer for $40. Note that this still comes without a controller.

If you would like a controller, I might be able to source you a brand-new one. The supply looks limited, and it will have to be shipped to me first, but you can have it for $20 total. Please understand that this is the only source I'm willing to go through to provide a controller.

The system weighs 2.9 kilograms according to the spec sheet, so shipping from Japan to the US via EMS will probably be 8000 yen. That lets us go up to 4.5 kilograms, which we'll want for packaging. If you want a controller or the pretty one with the box, let's go with 8700 yen just to be safe (that allows 5.0 kilograms). Economy air mail looks like it will be around 6500 yen. Surface mail (2-3 months) is about 4000 yen.

Shipping might be slightly stalled while I search for suitable packaging from free sources. If you would like me to hurry, consider adding $2 so I can just buy a box at the post office. Padding will be newspaper; if you want something more fancy, that's fine, but it might incur its own fee.

If it sounds like I'm being stingy, just remember that my profit margin on this is next to nothing, and I could go in the red very easily if I get hit for a couple of dollars on each system.

I'll ship to any country, as long as you pay the cost.

If you're interested, let me know via PM. Thank you!

I'm interested. PM incoming
--DragonmasterDan

SamIAm

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 04:00:42 AM »
It's been a busy day, but a general update for everyone: I managed to do a half-hour test with each system, and they all worked with no trouble whatsoever. Not even a hint of drive-struggling! :D

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2016, 05:41:41 AM »
No doubt a week after you sell the last one we will have an "ISO- PC-FX system" thread pop up!  lol

gotta stay on guard for deals like this!!  Thanks Sam!!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2016, 07:28:10 AM »
I'll grab the retarded one and make it sexy again.   My current PC-FX is goobering out so having a spare (AKA: one I don't have to fix) for cheap seems like a good idea.

Got any other loot to make the EMS worth the while? (PM me)

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gypsy

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 09:21:10 AM »
No doubt a week after you sell the last one we will have an "ISO- PC-FX system" thread pop up!  lol

gotta stay on guard for deals like this!!  Thanks Sam!!

Ha. That would be pretty funny. From the sound of it, they are already all spoken for too.

This system wasn't really something I was planning to get for awhile due to the usual price. But for this price, I could not resist and look forward to playing games on it. Doubt I'll buy any retail discs for it, cdrs all the way.

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:33 AM »
I'll grab the retarded one and make it sexy again.   My current PC-FX is goobering out so having a spare (AKA: one I don't have to fix) for cheap seems like a good idea.

Got any other loot to make the EMS worth the while? (PM me)

I PM'd for the butt-ugly one a bit ago, but am curious to see what you will do to make it sexy.  I think it would be happier in your home.  I officially pass my order onto Ark.  Once I hear back from SAM, I'll pass along the payment/shipping info to you Ark and you can take. 

Just have to promise to take pics of the process!  :)

Opethian

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 08:13:44 AM »
sam the man cheers

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me