Author Topic: What's playing on your PC-FX now?  (Read 4945 times)

xelement5x

Re: What's playing on your PC-FX now?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 09:22:56 AM »
I'm guessing you would be focusing on the PC version and not PSP though.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
Yeah, I was mainly good on the Microsoft Windows PC platform given all the software available to help mod games (e.g. IDA Pro)... Learning PSP assembly code is not of interest to me, but that forum I linked you has several guys working on PSP stuff by Falcom, like this "Nayuta no Kiseki" that I'm not really familiar with for example.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:28:07 AM by NightWolve »

xelement5x

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 05:08:29 AM »
Yeah, I was mainly good on the Microsoft Windows PC platform given all the software available to help mod games (e.g. IDA Pro)... Learning PSP assembly code is not of interest to me, but that forum I linked you, has several guys working on PSP stuff by Falcom, like this "Nayuta no Kiseki" that I'm not really familiar with for example.

Yeah, the number of PSP hacks that have been done are pretty impressive to me. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

780racer

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 07:26:08 AM »
I have Pia carrot (Translated) in it ATM... Tis a great game
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2016, 07:58:55 AM »
I have Pia carrot (Translated) in it ATM... Tits a great game

yep
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
Broo Breaker!  No idea what I'm doing. 

NightWolve

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
Waiting for the Team Innocent translation so I can play it.

It might just be a very long wait.  :(

Oh hey John, I had heard back from Filler on Twitter, so was gonna get around to updating you on this. After possibly offering help, a REALLY MAYBE kind of offer, he said this:

Quote from: filler
Lol, sorry. Not sure how to respond just yet. I was under the impression that this mostly needed playtesting, and it was hung up on me doing said testing. When it comes down to it, I like translating but not testing so much. One of the reasons I keep completing projects with DD because I can just hand the script over and the game will be tested and edited.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. TI is going to be a great project to have finished up. I just did some additional translation for 4th Unit and I'll probably be finished with G.O.D in the next couple of days, so maybe I can get up the nerve to put the nail in the TI coffin. :P

Bloufo

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2016, 06:38:41 PM »
Chip-chan Kick!

blueraven

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2016, 06:44:34 PM »
Storage unit, version 1.5. Special low-light version, concrete box edition, daisakusen.

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

elmer

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
Lol, sorry. Not sure how to respond just yet. I was under the impression that this mostly needed playtesting, and it was hung up on me doing said testing. When it comes down to it, I like translating but not testing so much. One of the reasons I keep completing projects with DD because I can just hand the script over and the game will be tested and edited.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. TI is going to be a great project to have finished up. I just did some additional translation for 4th Unit and I'll probably be finished with G.O.D in the next couple of days, so maybe I can get up the nerve to put the nail in the TI coffin. :P

Hmmm ... yeah, the TI project needs a new "team leader" if it's ever going to see the light-of-day.

EsperKnight obviously isn't interested anymore, and it doesn't sound like filler has the temperament to deal with all the little niggly details that go into finishing off a translation.

elmer

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
My last post shouldn't be taken as a dig at either of them.

EsperKnight has gotten wrapped-up in the important details of "work" and "real life", and Filler has had the clarity-of-mind to realize what he loves, and what he finds tedious.

Both have done good work. But if this translation, and all of the work that's gone into it, are ever to see the-light-of-day, then (IMHO) someone else is going to have to take it over and finish it.

It's not going to be me ... I recognize my own limits, and understand that I just don't have the passion for Team Innocent to see this through to the end.

But ... if someone does actually pick up the reins, and just needs help when it comes to subtitling the video, then I'll be happy to help deal with the technical details of that problem.

Given all that's been done, and that tasks that I see are left ... then NightWolve would be a perfect candidate to finish off the project.

If it doesn't interest him, then it would (IMHO) be a good project for a less-experienced programmer to start with, since the hacking isn't that horrible, and there are enough "mentors" here that could help them out.

Or not ... that's all just an "IMHO" thought.

NightWolve

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:47 AM »
Heh, it didn't sound THAT dire... ;)

I will say, EsperKnight did start off promising as we didn't have very many talented hackers working on PCE CD games, I mean, you can count them with your hands, elmer included. But yeah, his work didn't seemingly translate to 100% completed PCE CD projects.

He did an impressive variable-width font hack for Startling Odyssey II, but it didn't work on real NEC hardware, only emulators... Bonknuts offered to do this for me in 2006 I believe, but I wasn't interested, and I had helped transfer the project over to Tru hoping he'd find a real translator, but he wound up doing it himself Jeff "DeuceBag" Nussbaum style with online dictionary/translation sites, so who knows the quality results in that...

The sequel Star Breaker also needs a font hack job, and its script is stored in easy plain S-JIS text, so if that got done, it could open the project up to someone less talented.

Anyway, we need more talented people is the real issue I think but they are understandably hard to find.

TurboGrafxRetrogaming

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 03:07:28 AM »
Recently got Boundary Gate and lovin the pseudo 3D scaling thru battlefields and villages vaguely reminiscent to my Wolfenstein 3D computer days.

Also if I want a quick game session, I'll turn on the mini Hunex Fighter 98 in First Kiss Story...or the shooter mini game in Yuna FX! Good stuff!

-JMS
Check out my random, retro, turbo-inspired, video game eye candy at:
https://instagram.com/turbografxretrogaming

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37:50 AM »
Just snagged Team Innocent for the first time!  Looking forward to diving into this one finally!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:31 AM »
Just snagged Team Innocent for the first time!  Looking forward to diving into this one finally!

Open the airlock.  It's f*cking hilarious.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.