Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12494 times)

Desh

Re: NES classic
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2016, 02:47:01 AM »
Apparently sold out everywhere.

Did manage to get one, though.

Opened it and set it up. They're taking the mickey with that controller cord length.

I guess the "plus" to that is that people can use it with their Wiimotes for the Virtual Console, without the cords being abnormally long compared with other Wii controllers and accessories.

But still, it's weird when you just want to use it for its intended purpose - i.e. with the NES Classic Mini.

Don't worry, they have a a controller extension for $9.99 a la NEC style.

I kind of want one for my kids since they're a little rough on stuff and it breaks my heart to see old hardware abused.  I definitely do want a controller for emulation on the Wii though and I don't care if my kids destroy a Wii since they're a dime a dozen.

csgx1

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2016, 03:58:57 AM »
I tried to get one yesterday at various online retailers: Amazon, Gamestop & Target.  Couldn't add to the cart or check out and their sites were slow or crashing.  I definitely wasn't going to physically go to a store or wait in line for this since I'm not in a hurry to get one. 

I've read that some people that went into certain stores yesterday morning were able to buy multiple systems where they didn't even enforce a buying limit.  The flipping and scalping is going to make it hard to get one this holiday season even if stores get more in stock.   Wait a few month after the hype dies and I'm sure these will be easy to get.

Gypsy

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 04:21:12 AM »
Get a Retro USB AVS and an NES everdrive and then play everything Nintendo ever made Instead of just 30 games. Avoid the hunt and the evil price gougers on eBay. I love mine and now I have no desire to own this thing anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Ridiculous to pay so much for the mini.

Over in this neck of the woods we were told by the major online shops that "more stock looks to be available from early December again. Once we get a confirmed number we will put the console back on pre-order again for the second drop".

So yeah it makes little sense to overspend now (for those that still want to buy it) when you can wait a few weeks and get it at the normal price.

If you think they will magically meet demand by early December then I think you will be sorely mistaken. They might have a few more units available but they will not meet the consumer demand. This is the wii launch all over again.

You're right. You caught me somehow extrapolating our possible situation here (South Africa) with your gaming market.  #-o    We're just a drop in the ocean.

So what's your take on this. Shrewd marketing or flawed supply chain?

Cheap marketing ploy. Nintendo always seems to try and create hype by controlling the supply at release. They had months to gauge market interest and knew it would be a hot seller for the holiday season yet they chose this path. There is no reason that most retail stores state side should have had a near adequate supply at launch. Most brick and mortar stores only had 5 - 7 systems each which is ridiculous. Its not like we are talking about a major $300, $400, $500 gaming  console here, it's a cheap plug and play device!

Bottom line: If Nintendo doesn't already have supply in hand (and that's not to say they won't just trickle more out) and more in production I think most people who actually want one for Christmas are 1. f*cked or 2. going to be f*cked by paying scalper prices.

Agree with this take. Nintendo has done this before, pretty recently with Amiibos.

I should also mention now that re-sellers have targeted this item for the holidays you will have these opportunistic douchebags sitting at every store waiting for the next batch to come in. This will help keep the end consumer from getting their hands on these at the $60 price point. Way to go Nintendo!

Ugh. This is very true. Glad I don't want one.

xelement5x

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2016, 04:30:53 AM »
As others said, the Amiibo hype died down and now you can easily buy them.  It'll be the case for this eventually too. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

sirhcman

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 04:52:45 AM »
As others said, the Amiibo hype died down and now you can easily buy them.  It'll be the case for this eventually too. 

Most people want these for the holidays though. There is no doubt they will eventually have enough supply in stores to meet demand, I don't think anyone is questioning that.

seieienbu

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2016, 05:25:59 AM »
My sister asked me to get one of these for her birthday back in July.  I tried to get one online at midnight and couldn't so I went and waited outside of a gamestop a before they opened.  There were about 8 people in front of me and the half hour before they opened the line got to be 15 people long.  Gamestop only had 5 units.  I'm pretty irritated at Nintendo for not making enough of these things.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
I tried to get one for a friend on Amazon when they went on sale at 5PM but had no luck. The listing page kept erroring out and when I did get there, I couldn't add it to my cart. The Amazon listing was flooded with 1-star reviews shortly afterward.

I wasn't going to try to get one, but My friend texted me that he waited in line early at Best Buy and failed to get one.

I felt bad and wanted to help him, so I ended up asking at Target (it was 11:00 am and wayyyyyyyyyy too late, but I thought *maybe* I would get lucky?)...

So I tried ordering via Amazon:

10 minutes of:
Add item to shopping cart --> (next screen) YOUR SHOPPING CART IS EMPTY --> refresh --> GOTO start

X 40 or 60 or ____ times....

I was working a phone and laptop simultaneously but to no avail...

I wouldn't mind having a nes classic just for novelty sake.Still with such a limited release i don't know if i could find one.I've heard all ready about sellers buying them up to flip :P

I may actually get this item, now that my friend corrupted me.

I told him that I don't need it, since I have NES... but the novelty of this item has aroused my curiosity.

But, seriously, I don't know if I am going to bother until it is easy to acquire.

I'm in no rush to buy one i do have,famicom&famicom disk system with a collection games for it.Still i think it's neat for how compact the nes mini is and it's hdmi out of the box.Still,nintendo all ways pulls this stunt limit the amount they produce to maximize those profits.It just a matter of time before more are made i recommend not over paying for one.Unless you want a system that makes nes games look good on a hdtv then i suggest a retrousb avs  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:15:02 AM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2016, 09:27:03 AM »
I hit a few stores very early and Toys R us within five minutes of their opening to no avail, I tried to get one on amazon but it wouldn't add it to my cart. I'll wait til they're more readily available.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperGrafx

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »
It wouldn't be the holiday shopping season without some sort of hard-to-find toy.
I guess this will be the 2016 equivalent of the FURBY

TheOldMan

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »

Or "Tickle-me" Elmo..
Every year there's something.

sirhcman

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 01:43:50 PM »

Or "Tickle-me" Elmo..
Every year there's something.

or the 2006 Wii.

xelement5x

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »
It wouldn't be the holiday shopping season without some sort of hard-to-find toy.

Nah, Google "Hatchimals" and then keep a spoon handy to gouge your eyes out with.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2016, 09:29:52 PM »

Nah, Google "Hatchimals" and then keep a spoon handy to gouge your eyes out with.

I have never even heard about Hatchimals.

Damn. You are responsible for any bodily harm!
  |    | 

Bloufo

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 04:41:37 AM »

esteban

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 04:54:33 AM »
^ Capcom purple.

Damn beautiful.

:)
  |    |