Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12564 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: NES classic
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2016, 09:16:13 AM »

This just happened to a buddy of mine. He was able to add it to the cart but got this when trying to checkout: "Your item isn't available for pickup or delivery to 46356. See details below.
Please save it for later or ship to a different ZIP Code."

Also happened to another friend in Texas.

I wonder which zip codes are allowed to buy this hard to manufacture advanced piece of tech.

Happened to me too.
--DragonmasterDan

csgx1

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
Well, I didn't even see it instock or even have a chance to add it to cart; site froze up on me. 

Most likely the scalpers just got a few more to flip on ebay today. 

Green

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 09:27:53 AM »
No input lag. The emulation is actually pretty good. MUCH better than virtual console.

Miracle_Warrior

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »
Get a Retro USB AVS and an NES everdrive and then play everything Nintendo ever made Instead of just 30 games. Avoid the hunt and the evil price gougers on eBay. I love mine and now I have no desire to own this thing anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!  I received my AVS yesterday and fired my everdrive up and I am certain this is the way to go for you NES fans.  I have pretty much liquidated the majority of my game library and picked up everdrives for the Master System, Genesis, Turbo, NES and SNES.  I am feeling so liberated :)

Killjoyy027

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »
Get a Retro USB AVS and an NES everdrive and then play everything Nintendo ever made Instead of just 30 games. Avoid the hunt and the evil price gougers on eBay. I love mine and now I have no desire to own this thing anymore

This!  I received my AVS yesterday and fired my everdrive up and I am certain this is the way to go for you NES fans.  I have pretty much liquidated the majority of my game library and picked up everdrives for the Master System, Genesis, Turbo, NES and SNES.  I am feeling so liberated :)
Welcome to the anti NES classic party ! Enjoy !

sirhcman

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/walmart-chance-buy-nes-classic-every-day-week-233249346.html

Walmart is supposedly going to sell them online everyday this week at 5pm ET. 

This just happened to a buddy of mine. He was able to add it to the cart but got this when trying to checkout: "Your item isn't available for pickup or delivery to 46356. See details below.

I wonder which zip codes are allowed to buy this hard to manufacture advanced piece of tech.

It just means it out of stock to ship online and not available for local pickup in said zip code stores. I got the same error message yesterday
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:31:00 AM by sirhcman »

technozombie

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
If there is any input lag it is likely from the TV. There are several websites that rank TVs based on response time. A good response time was one of the main things I was looking for when I purchased a new TV earlier in the year.

esadajr

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 05:17:11 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/walmart-chance-buy-nes-classic-every-day-week-233249346.html

Walmart is supposedly going to sell them online everyday this week at 5pm ET. 

It just means it out of stock to ship online and not available for local pickup in said zip code stores. I got the same error message yesterday

Makes sense. Though I prefer the conspiracy theory. goverrats
Gaming since 1985

Bloufo

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 05:27:23 PM »

Bloufo

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2017, 11:14:29 PM »
Anyone else here try to get extra games on this thing?

I followed the guide that's out there, and to start off with I tested it with one NES rom file -Castlevania III, just to see if this hack works as advertised. It does. No problems. Cover art and all.

When I get a chance I'll see which of the original 30 to remove and which others to add. No point in keeping games on there I know I'm not going to play, especially seeing as currently (this may change soon, though) there's a limit on there as to how many can be added.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »

When I get a chance I'll see which of the original 30 to remove and which others to add. No point in keeping games on there I know I'm not going to play, especially seeing as currently (this may change soon, though) there's a limit on there as to how many can be added.

Is that the NES advantage-like stick that requires a convertor to work with the NES classic?
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 01:59:48 AM »

Is that the NES advantage-like stick that requires a convertor to work with the NES classic?

Yeah, but not the "Version 2" of it. That one works right out the box with the Classic. No adapter/convertor needed.

It's a good stick. The recall was only because of the initial batch not working with the mini-NES.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 05:17:09 AM »
So just tried the latest version of the hack.  Worked on my first try on my Famicom Mini.  Yay, I can finally play StarTropics like the rest of the world. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Medic_wheat

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 06:09:38 AM »
Yeah heard of this hack the day it was released.

Granted it doesn't affect me due to the lack of having a mini.

And I am not sure when I'd bother to get one

From what I hear it isn't confirmed how many Roma can be added internally to the NES mini. But the videos that are or show about 21 extra games added.

This might have changed or be been confirmed as I haven't kept up to date with it since it's initial media coverage.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »
The amount of games you can add is determined based on the Game Save States.  If you want to have all games being able to use 4 save state files at the same time, 32 games is the limit, any more and you get error messages.

If you don't intend to use every single save state block, you can add more.  97 seems to be the magic number.  But be aware, the emulator this thing uses is kinda crap, and a lot of games will have issues.  I wanted to add Zoda's Revenge, but it can't get past the Name Input screen.  Battletoads will always freeze on the 2nd stage.  It's due to the emulator, not the hack.

I'd say until more testing is done, and compatibility is confirmed, go slowly and only add games you intend to actually play-through.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite