Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12497 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: NES classic
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 12:03:56 PM »
I think if a everdrive had the type of GUI the NES mini has for each game rom I'd be happy there.

Otaking

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2017, 01:50:56 AM »
The Famicom mini in a Gameboy shell.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:54:51 AM by Otaking »

crazydean

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2017, 05:09:11 AM »
I think if a everdrive had the type of GUI the NES mini has for each game rom I'd be happy there.

That would be nice. I would really like to see box art before playing a game, but it's minor considering what the everdrive can do.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Gredler

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »

That would be nice. I would really like to see box art before playing a game, but it's minor considering what the everdrive can do.

The emulation the classic does is a lot better than other options, isn't it? My NES looks like garbage on my tvs (except for my 4k for some reason)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

The emulation the classic does is a lot better than other options, isn't it? My NES looks like garbage on my tvs (except for my 4k for some reason)

All depends what mods if any you have on the original NES to play on your setup. With the hdmi mod for the NES and many other systems such as he N64 and GameCube I think emulators will become more obsolete as well as retro clone systems.

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »

My NES and Atari look great on my LED. The 16bit consoles look like complete garbitch though.

TheClash603

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2017, 12:07:08 AM »
Is Nintendo still making more of these?  I'd like to get my hands on one, but still have not seen it for sale.

I heard Nintendo had a financial report stating they sold through all 200,000 they originally made.  They probably could've made five times as many and sold them for $20 more and still sold through.

Desh

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 12:32:19 AM »

From what I've read the emulation is good but not perfect.  There are reports of some games not working properly.  Mainly MMC5 games with battery backed ram.  I will always prefer real hardware even modded.  I already have an NES I RGB modded but I ordered one of Kevtris' HDMi kits since I know my 2 Trinitron's won't last forever.

As far as image quality on your TV's it all comes done to the built in upscaler of the TV and how it interprets the signal.  My RGB NES (which I am outputting S-vid), S-vid modded Master System and S-vid modded Genesis look better on my Trinitrons.  However, my bone stock composite Turbo Duo, and Gamecube with component cables looks better on my older Panasonic plasma.

Bloufo

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2017, 08:36:19 PM »
I hadn't been following the latest updates but I see that one can now put the full NES library into the unit.

... too many to select from. I would never be able to choose what to play. ;p

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/new_hack_offers_a_full_game_library_on_your_nes_classic_edition

SuperDeadite

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »
Yeah the Mini is getting better and better.  Besides having an almost unlimited amount of games now, the silly Nintendo anti-epileptic filter can be disabled, and you can even program a key combo to turn on auto-fire.  Of course many games like Crisis Force will probably never work on it, the FM emulation is a bit off, and no cool extras like 3D Goggles.  But, as a parent with young children who aren't ready to play with the real deal, the $60 I spent on the unit was an excellent deal.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NE146

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2017, 01:31:31 AM »
I'm happy with my regular NES with an Everdrive with composite to a CRT (i.e. the way it's always been) but that doesn't stop me from wanting the Classic as well. I would be glad to spend the $60 (heck I'd buy two at this point).. if only we could find it in stores. :) 

SuperDeadite

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2017, 03:56:16 AM »
Just added the Sweet Home English Translation to my FamiMini, so far works perfectly.  Yay!
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Bloufo

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2017, 06:28:14 AM »
RetroArch on the NES mini,

esadajr

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2017, 06:57:15 AM »
What we suspected since the beginning, a small linux system.
Gaming since 1985

Gredler

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2017, 08:45:06 AM »
I picked one of these up from bestbuy, and like the console but hate the fact it uses wii controllers. USB controllers would've been significantly more incentivizing to keep it, but a co-worker is very interested so I'll let him have it so he doesn't have to submit to "going value" to get it now instead of 3-4 months from now.

I played it quite a bit last night, good hour or so, castlevania and zelda were fun to run around in a bit, but I'd definitely hack the teeth out of this to play the games I've not played 100 times using it as a emulation box, and at that point I might as well just use my laptop or build a retropie since that's basically what this is.

edit:
And I went ahead and sold it to a coworker.

Ironically With CA tax it came out 64.64 LOL
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:05:28 PM by Gredler »